225/50/R16, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225/50/R16, need help

Found a set of Yokohama Advan A048 tires with 85% tread for under $400. They are 225/50/R16 and was wondering if they will fit on my car. My wheels are 16x7 with +35 offset.

Any help will be appreciated.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

This is just a guess but i think they should fit even tho they are wide and might cause rubbing issues. I had 225/40/17 on some 17x7
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Ya they will fit the wheel fine, Im just not sure if you will rub a lil. How low are you anyways. And just in case you didnt know they will throw off your speedo but just by a little. When your speedo shows 60 you'll really be going 61.6.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
        Found a set of Yokohama Advan A048 tires with 85% tread for under $400. They are 225/50/R16 and was wondering if they will fit on my car. My wheels are 16x7 with +35 offset.

Any help will be appreciated.
        i just got rid of my 225/50/r16's, i dont kno the offset. and the reason i did was b/c i couldnt throw it in corners ne more. they were just to wide for my car. i didnt have ne issues with the front, all my scrubbing was in the rear(the bad part was the tires were almost bald and looked 2 times smaller than the front which had new tires.
        My cb7

h22a
        5-spd lsd
        Lord, grant me the serenity
        to accept the things I cannot change,
        the courage to change the things I can,
        and the wisdom to hide the bodies
        of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

i recently bought some new rims and tyres after the suspension was finally done and im riding 225x45xr17's without any problems. i was a little concerned at first glance because i thought the rear control arm in our cars may rub because of the new offset. after some careful tests it does come close but there is def no rubbing. let us know what you go with mate!

Comment

Working...
          X