Aggressive Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggressive Wheels

What are the most aggressive wheel and tire package do you have on your cb or that you have seen? I'm going for a 17x7.5 Rota wheel. I know there will be fender work involved and I'm okay with that. Just seeing what you guys are running.

18x8
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
      18x8
      to be honest I'm looking to have the widest wheels or close to on a cb7 I see I'm going to have to step it up.

Comment

Well you said you had 17's and i have 18's.
        I think thats stepping it up lol.
        STUFF FOR SALE!!!
        1992 Accord Lx.
        1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Are you referring to wheel size, or the offset?

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by ss93cb7 View Post
            What are the most aggressive wheel and tire package do you have on your cb or that you have seen? I'm going for a 17x7.5 Rota wheel. I know there will be fender work involved and I'm okay with that. Just seeing what you guys are running.
            i am thinking offset, with the mention of rolling of fenders

there are guys that rock 20's on the fourm

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
              i am thinking offset, with the mention of rolling of fenders

there are guys that rock 20's on the fourm
              I don't want to go too large I am thinking of running 17x7.5 with a 25 offset unless i feel the need to go larger.

Comment

i wouldnt go anything lower than a +30 offset

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=offsets

Comment

Originally posted by ss93cb7 View Post
                    I don't want to go too large I am thinking of running 17x7.5 with a 25 offset unless i feel the need to go larger.
                    Timmy0tool ran 16x8" with +26 offset before and they cleared, so 17x7.5" +25 is definitely not large. Just normal-sized wheels with low offset.

Just to give you an idea of how large you can go..My new shoes are 17x9" +42 all around..For the rear I need 3mm spacers so the wheels will clear the trailing arms..For the fronts I will most likely be running 8mm spacers, pushing the front wheels to +34..I will be running 225/45/17 all around..A little stretched, but not enough to clear fenders..

Having said that, after all is said and done, the rears will sit 2-3cm out of the fenders. The fronts will most likely be the same with the 8mm spacers..

To give you an idea of how much 2cm is..(Not my car)

It gets worse from there..So the point is, if you want to go with larger a.k.a. wider wheels, just watch for the offset..The wider the wheels, the higher offset you must go with. Stretched tires and negative camber do help, but they can only do so much! In the end, it's function vs. form, and i'm definitely going with function this time.

Good luck with your project! And do plenty of research before making a final decision.

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

best thing you can do is go to a tire ship and try on some different sizes.
                      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
                        Timmy0tool ran 16x8" with +26 offset before and they cleared, so 17x7.5" +25 is definitely not large. Just normal-sized wheels with low offset.

Just to give you an idea of how large you can go..My new shoes are 17x9" +42 all around..For the rear I need 3mm spacers so the wheels will clear the trailing arms..For the fronts I will most likely be running 8mm spacers, pushing the front wheels to +34..I will be running 225/45/17 all around..A little stretched, but not enough to clear fenders..

Having said that, after all is said and done, the rears will sit 2-3cm out of the fenders. The fronts will most likely be the same with the 8mm spacers..

It gets worse from there..So the point is, if you want to go with larger a.k.a. wider wheels, just watch for the offset..The wider the wheels, the higher offset you must go with. Stretched tires and negative camber do help, but they can only do so much! In the end, it's function vs. form, and i'm definitely going with function this time.

Good luck with your project! And do plenty of research before making a final decision.

Ronald
                        Thanks for the info I have just started doing the research and with all that said I think I know about what i want. I do want to still keep the function of it all but form outweighs that in my mind... this time. It is simply a matter of opinion on what direction you are going with your car.

Comment

I have 16x7 +40 on my car now and it's *just* inside the fender in the rear. I think for a decently lowered CB, ideal wheel size is 16 or 17x7 with a +30 offset. That's the size I would wanna rock with

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            I have 16x7 +40 on my car now and it's *just* inside the fender in the rear. I think for a decently lowered CB, ideal wheel size is 16 or 17x7 with a +30 offset. That's the size I would wanna rock with
                            I know what you are saying for sure I just want to push the envelope and go a little past conventional.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post

Ronald
                              What is the setup for the car in the pic?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                              X