18s - tire size recs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18s - tire size recs?

people wit 18" rims what size tire would you recomend getting. i live in peoria il so the roads arent all that great and i dont want to ruin my rims jus drivin around.

not sure where peoria is but if the streets are like NYC, then i'd recommend 215/40/18s. i've been using this size tire for years now and haven't had any blowouts at all. here's my take on some of the tires i've used:
    nittos 450-probably strongest sidewall of any of the tires out there, but the tires look alot bigger than others

yokohama parada-nice, but thread pattern worn out alot faster than the nittos, and falkens

toyo proxyes-STAY AWAY! IMO, a waste of money. the only time ever, where my rims got bent, and bubbles all over the
    tires

falken ziex-currently my choice for the last two sets of rims i've gone thru. i like how they feel, slightly more road noise, but overall performance and price is a plus. also doesn't look as big(215/40/18) when compared to the nittos.

..hope this helps
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Word!
      i agree with Primo. I live in Massachusetts (similar road conditions) and i've run a 215/40/18 for a while. I agree as well with the fact that the Parada Spec-2 wears quickly. Luckily, i don't drive my whip all year-round so it hasn't been that much of a problem. Toyo has introduced a new version of the Proxes 4 and they seem like they are better than the FZ4. Whatever you do, don't mess with Pirelli Super Sport (P7000). They wear like shit and handle the same as well. With this Tire size, the options are more limited than say a 215/35/18, but the options that are available do provide you with quality. Always remember that you get what you pay for and a little research goes a loooong way.

-ONE
      Bean Town Crew Member #3
      Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
      "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

thanks guys i think i have a general idea of what to look for now

Comment

Working...
        X