Tire Service descriptions (load rating)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Service descriptions (load rating)

Hi everyone, I found a set of wheels and tires and I am about to buy them but I just want to make sure of something first. The tires service description is 87V. I wasnt too sure of what this was other than the V being the speed rating. Anyways 87 is the load index capacity number. I want to make sure that this will be ok with our OE specifications. I believe our cars OEM number is 88. Since it is only slightly off it should be ok right? Between the 2 i found that there is only a 34 lbs load capacity difference. Sorry for the long post and for being so picky but I wanted to ask you guys to make sure! thanks!
    Last edited by vinbon63; 03-17-2009, 12:14 PM.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Bump, anybody? Im sure its probably not a big deal but I want to make sure.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

With 87 vs 88 load index, I deduct 38lbs from the total allowed weight limit of your car, and that would be the new load limit with your new tires. At least, that's the logical answer from where I stand.

I would call your local America's Tire or Discount Tire and speak to someone about it.. they'll either know for sure, or they'll have the resources to confirm or deny what I've said above.

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
      Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
      Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
      [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Working...
      X