Help Me (17s, 18s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me (17s, 18s)

i was wondering if anyone know if a 17x7 rim with 235/45/17 will fit on the accord? i know in the rear they got that bar sticking out. you think it might be too wide and hit that bar? tell me what you think. i figure the wider the better the grip. plus 45 will give me less chance to dent or crack my rims.

one more thing

will a 18x8 with +49 offset fit the accord?

i am debating between 17 shu or 18 c2. help me out. thank you.

235's are a bit too wide. The widest I was able to fit was 225's and thats with about -1 degree camber and on Neuspeed race springs. You'll most likely rub on hard turns or on turns in general. But you're more than welcome to try. Get back and let us know.
    O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

i don't have personal experience with 235/45/17 but that sounds a bit too wide. if anything, just aesthetically it will be a bit unpleasing to the eye. a tire that wide, that is that thick (sidewall), will probalby have the appearance that it's even thicker (i.e. larger sidewall).
      i run 215/45/17 - that's already a little wider and thicker than most like.

as far as the 18s go, given the 8 inches of width, a +49 offset may be a bit too much. something between +40 and +45 will likely work better. the +49 offset makes me think the wheel itself will stick out a bit too much from the car. peruse through the member's ride section on here, or other forums, and see the offset of people with 18s.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
      X