wider wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wider wheels

So with winter under way up here the cb is getting sum drastic transformation. With this I want WIDE wheels. Id love to find the widest 16 possible. All im finding is 8the and an occasional 9. Anybody seen 10"? No trollin on here, if you knew what im planning and trying you would be thinking the same. Any help would be awesome.
    Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
    "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
    93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
    02 Avalanche

Its possible but, if you are planning to lower the car expect rubbing even if you dont slam the car an 10in wheel may not clear thethe knuckle arms. Keep in mine spacers plus fender pulling and trimming. I say stick with 9in max to prevent some rubbing issues
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Are you planning on running flares? If not 8.5 - 9" should be sufficient, just run some lower offsets and negative camber if your are going for the "stance" look.

Search around on Nissan 240 forums, i think they rock crazy wide 16" wheels alot.
      1993 Accord LX - Sold
      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Im widening my 93 1.5 inches each corner. Thusly y I want wider wheels
        "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
        02 Avalanche

Comment

I think diamond racing is gonna b my route

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
          02 Avalanche

Comment

nice to see i am not the only one going with diamond racing steelies on a cb and if you are going with the stanced look be real careful not to stance it to where youre doing more damage then good lookks

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

If you're widening the fenders, then you'll want a lower than stock offset.

Comment

It will be hard to find a 10in or wider wheel for the accords. Especially
                in 4-lug. 5-lug, and you'll have more options.

If it were me, I'd go with a 9in. 2-piece wheel. Then look around
                on forums to get wider step lips. Like the vw guys do.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                  I think diamond racing is gonna b my route
                  I'm sorry to hear this
                  | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                    Its possible but, if you are planning to lower the car expect rubbing even if you dont slam the car an 10in wheel may not clear thethe knuckle arms. Keep in mine spacers plus fender pulling and trimming. I say stick with 9in max to prevent some rubbing issues
                    ^ This.

For 9" wide wheels, the highest offset you can run is+42 (give or take 3mm)...Any higher than that, and your wheels would start hitting the knuckles..

For 9.5" wide wheels, you can't go any higher than +35 offset, and for 10" wide wheels, you can't run any higher than +29 offset.

If you plan on running 10" wide wheels all around, will you be doing this the proper way, or the ghetto way? By ghetto I mean ridiculous negative camber, and/or ridiculous tire stretch...If you're doing it the ghetto way, rolled and pulled fenders should be more than enough..But if you're actually doing this to make the car handle better, then you're going to need a lot of fender work! Keep in mind, 10" wide wheels at +29 offset, when compared to say a stock '96-spec ITR wheels (15x6", +50), or any other OEM wheels that fit the Accord, will stick out 70mm farther at the very least!

As for wheel options, I know that SSR and Work both carry 16" wheels that can be made 9" wide, and wider..I'd definitely pick those over Diamond Racing

Hope that helps!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Working...
                    X