Test fitting SSR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test fitting SSR's

So I've been waiting on some spacers to arrive and after getting the wrong ones in the box and a long lengthy exchange process I finally got the 10mm spacers and hub centric rings I've been waiting on. Now the slight dilemma I'm still having is that it's on a wagon with the larger brakes which is why a 10mm spacer was required to clear the brakes, but even with the 10mm they still hit ever so slightly. I'm thinking I can just grind down a mm or two from the caliper bracket and be ok. The bracket is cast and the wheels are aluminum and id rather grind the caliper bracket than it compromise any of the aluminum spoke.
    Anyone else ever tried this?
    Pics of the wheels on for test fit.

My 6th gen accord thread
    99 Miata

yes you can do that, i suggested this to someone who is running legend wheels and had slight interference. take a flap disk to it and whittle away. Theyve had no problems after doing this.

weird though that youre having issues with spacers..

Comment

Good to hear. I was figuring it would be ok to grind that area. The reason they still hit even with spacers is because I had very little room to work with. Too much spacer and the offset would be too much.

My 6th gen accord thread
      99 Miata

Comment

Working...
      X