*Forged wheel lug nuts/lock..overrated?*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Forged wheel lug nuts/lock..overrated?*

i plan on purchasing a set, but not sure if they're worth the $70-up price range. several brands such as trust, skunk2, spoon sports, etc.. make them. just wanted to see if anyone here uses them and / or what you think of them.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    if you have everything else, then sure, but they aren't as functional as they are "cool"..........that's the real reason they exist, not for their performance
    i'm waiting for my forged wheels, so i was just thinking to match them up with forged lugs also. but thanks fizz.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i run forged wheels and use gorilla lug nuts, and two sets of mcgard wheel locks a la usc.

open ended lug nuts, zenki wheel lock

kyoei magnetic wheel lock

as fizz said, they look pretty cool... not sure they're really any more functional than any other wheel lock (though the kyoei magnetic wheel locks can be carried around on a keychain)...

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i have some cheap tuner style ones...works the same thing...if u gonna get jack..u gonna get jack..ppl these days arent stupid...theyll find one way or another to take them off the car...
        So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
          i run forged wheels and use gorilla lug nuts, and two sets of mcgard wheel locks a la usc.

as fizz said, they look pretty cool... not sure they're really any more functional than any other wheel lock (though the kyoei magnetic wheel locks can be carried around on a keychain)...
          thanks el saw a set from skunk2, but color is of issue also. gotta decide between bronze or polished.

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
          i have some cheap tuner style ones...works the same thing...if u gonna get jack..u gonna get jack..ppl these days arent stupid...theyll find one way or another to take them off the car...
          not worried about the car gettin' jacked..was just wondering since i'm gonna run forged wheels, if i should run with forged lugs as well. i've made my decision anyway..so we'll see them soon.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i got the skunk2s i love them there light as fuck and they cover up the extended lug studs but the paint comes off a lil when you put a socket on them so they will never look as nice as they did in the box

www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el

kyoei magnetic wheel lock

hmmm the link doesnt work...i want to see more about this "magnetic wheel lock"....

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                hmmm the link doesnt work...i want to see more about this "magnetic wheel lock"....
                i second that
                www.2camcrew.com

Comment

i third that..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I have an extra set of 4 mcgaurd look nuts they are practally brand new never installed just taken of out package if oyur interested let me know how much your willing to pay!

Comment

Originally posted by 91ACCORDSIR
                      I have an extra set of 4 mcgaurd look nuts they are practally brand new never installed just taken of out package if oyur interested let me know how much your willing to pay!
                      thanks for bumping this..i totally forgot about this thread..

Comment

Working...
                      X