*Tires i've used & how i rate them*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Tires i've used & how i rate them*

different wheels have come and gone, but the cb7 is still with me. i've been through 15 sets of wheels now, and i've tried about 5 different brands of tires. now, this is just from my personal experience and opinion, but living in NYC(best roads in the country ) these tires were definetely put through the test from daily driving.

Nitto 450 - one of the best tires ever made. Nitto tires probably has the strongest sidewall of any tire out there, but the downside to them is that they look squarish on the wheels. i had these on most of my wheels and they never bubbled, never bent a rim, and they handled like they were supposed to considering they were all seasonal tires. although road noise was a bit high, Nitto tires IMO, is your best buy.
    rated 9 / 10

Toyo FZ4 - also all seasonal, but because these were the ONLY tires that ever gave me problems, i give it the
    they didn't even last me 3 months and they were bubbling up, and i bent two wheels with this setup. these are discontinued(about time) so stay away from any leftovers.
    rated 1 / 10

Yokohama Parada - also a favorite of mine and one of the best handling tires out there. grips the road well, and road noise was minimal. biggest downside was the threadwear; if your camber was off, say hello to new tires in under a year. these tires are not all-seasonal so if you plan on riding on your wheels all year, these aren't for you.
    rated 8 / 10

Falken Zeix 512 - best all-seasonal performer, just like the magazines says. i did have one tire go out on me, BUT the wheel didn't get bent. i had these tires and we had a strong winter in 03-04 and they were great. for 18s driving through snow, i can't complain. also, they handled good in the rain too, and road noise was minial.
    rated 8 / 10

BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW NT - currently on these tires and i am amazed of its handling capabilities. the thread pattern is ridiculous, and i feel it even handles better than the yokohama paradas. even driving through rain, the steering response feels as if there is no water on the road. a bit pricey, but worth the $$$ as well. road noise is minimal, but these tires are strictly performance summer tires only. DAMN i love these tires!!!
    rated 9.99 / 10
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

I had my Toyo Fz4s for about a year and I have no bubbles and monster traction... . Maybe i got lucky or maybe you got a bad batch (Firestone inspired).

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
      ...maybe you got a bad batch (Firestone inspired).
      i like that --->(Firestone inspired)
      probably a bad batch.. but this was back in 2000, and i'm still hatin' on them.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

[B]Falken Ziex's Suck

My brothers 1992 SE-R Has 14" Falken Azenis and they are the best summer tires for the $$$ no argument. Almost all the autoxers use them.
        I wanted something like that for my car, but due to Falken revamping their lineup of performance tires, I had to settle for Falken Ziexs.
        If you care about performance, then stay away from these. They suck ass because within a few minutes they overheat and turn greesy.
        These tires were a pretty good price, and I'm sure that for most people just driving to work they are okay, but we're really just interested in the performance aspect of the tire, we don't really care about the looks of the tread, or the road noise, so for me the Falken Ziex's = Okay, but not suited for performance driving.

- Zipcreature
        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

When i was on the track running my accord with My Toyo Proxes FZ4s it took only one burnout for my tires to hook. When i launched, I barely feathered the clutch and i pulled off at about 4000rpms without spinning tire at all. No chirps either. I do want to see how it will do now with turbo power.

Comment

Working...
          X