Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running 16" CL wheels?? I want some stocks! (16s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running 16" CL wheels?? I want some stocks! (16s)

After scanning through more than half of the member's rides thread, I gave up and am wondering if anyone on here is running some 16" CL wheels on their CB7? I have someone selling me some of these for a really good price...

but I'm not sure how good these would look on our cars. I've had my eyes on these...

Whatever wheels I get, I'm planning on doing them either flat black or gunmetal. So just looking for some opinions.

I'm also concerned with ride quality. Would there be much of a difference between riding on a 205/50/15 and a 205/45/16?

Ride differences will be influenced by the differences in wheel weight and width, tire weight, tire design etc. Lots of variables, however they are potentially small variables.

Going to a 16", I would expect sharper steering response at some loss of smoothness, although the examples in tire height you give, 50-series vs. 45-series, would lessen that.

FYI there's another 16" 4-lug CL wheel that looks like the classic "BBS" style too. Never seen one on a CB7 but always thought that was the best of the CL 4-lugs and would give the CB7 a classy if old-school look.

There's also a 4-lug (15") from the TL 2.5 that will work. Both it and the 6-spoke you posted above are painted silver from the factory.

Any of them would look good and be fairly "different" from the norm.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I know that the smoothness is going to decrease as the tire sidewall decreases, so that's why I preferrably would want to go with the 15". But I saw these CL wheel and were digging them. Those 11 spoke TL wheels you mentioned look pretty cool also. I would just prefer to run something a little different than the usual EX wheel and the Preludes, ya know? (Although they both look pretty damn good )

Comment

Working...
      X