15s - tire bulge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15s - tire bulge

i just recently bought some bfgoodrich g force sports. i had 195/65/r15 (not bfgoodrichs) and bumped it up to 205/50/r15. it seems that the sidewall is bulging quite a bit at 42 psi. is that normal.

The stock wheel, if that is what you have, is probably narrow enough to make the sidewalls look kinda weird with that tire.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd'r
      The stock wheel, if that is what you have, is probably narrow enough to make the sidewalls look kinda weird with that tire.
      i dunno about that...my dad's truck has the same size tires on it that my blazer does..and my blazer has narrower wheels, and has a flat sidewall, while dad's truck has wider wheels, and a bulged sidewall..

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd'r

exactly.. gotta remember cb7 OEM wheels are only 5.5in wide. 205s will give it that bulging look; now if the wheels were 6-7in. wide, then it'd look flushed w/ the wheel.
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
          exactly.. gotta remember cb7 OEM wheels are only 5.5in wide. 205s will give it that bulging look; now if the wheels were 6-7in. wide, then it'd look flushed w/ the wheel.
          lol damn ur a smart one primo.....
          My members ride thread

Comment

well im just curious if this is bad or not? should i buy the narrower tires? since i cant afford bigger rims at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaccord24
              i just recently bought some bfgoodrich g force sports. i had 195/65/r15 (not bfgoodrichs) and bumped it up to 205/50/r15. it seems that the sidewall is bulging quite a bit at 42 psi. is that normal.

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7

Originally posted by VBaccord24
              well im just curious if this is bad or not? should i buy the narrower tires? since i cant afford bigger rims at the moment.
              reading comprehension these days, i swear!

the tires a bit too wide, and thus the sidewall appears to bulge. if you like the way it rides fine, but that's not going to change the way it looks. you're asking about an opinion, for which you already stated you don't like the way it looks.

if you like it, you like it, if you don't you don't. i think a 205/50/15 wheel on an oem wheel is stupid, and i wouldn't even put it on a 7 inch wide wheel, but that's me.

apparently you need it spelled out for you: no it's not bad, and you should buy narrower tires if it bothers you enough.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

how do you like the handling on th sports? im thinking about purchasing a pair of 205/60/15's since they are cheap.
                im just pondering about the possible sidewall flexibility?
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i had some potenzas on my car previously. i bought 2 bfg sports and decide to haul tail around a corner and they were sticking perfect half way thru the corner so i went ahead and tighten the apex and they never broke traction. i honestly dont think i will buy any different tires. i love these tires. also about the sidewall when i had them put on the guy sed he had a little trouble because the sidewall is very hard.
                  Last edited by VBaccord24; 10-17-2005, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X