So, I painted my ITR's...Sue me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I painted my ITR's...Sue me.

Yeah, I couldn't take all that white on my car. Too flashy, I needed something stealthier, and don't have money to waste on getting rims professionally powdercoated, so it was Dupli-Color time. Used the metallic graphite and clearcoat. 1 can of color was enough to 2 rims with tons of coats, and then just 1-2 of clear. Considering it cost me 20$ for 2 cans of color and 1 clear, I'm very happy with the results. I rushed a little bit, but I sanded and put more coats and then clear and it was pretty much all fine. I only have my fronts done so far, because I put my winter tires on, but still have to buy 2 tires for the back so my other rims are still on there for now. The second set will probably come out better. Not that I have a problem with how these turned out. I'm all for Champ white and everything, but I think this looks oodles better.

i think people who paint there itrs are baller they look soo good in black i can just never bring myself to paint them but they do look good in white but mad props to you
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

i think it LOOKS real good. you are happy with them, what more could you ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
        i think it LOOKS real good. you are happy with them, what more could you ask for?
        Exactly. You are happy with em, and that is what counts. But, it also helps that I think they are hot..right? Don't I count for something? Seriously, looks awesome. Look forward to seeing them on your car.

-SJB

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
          from itr to vx in an hour

not bad.......
          Doh! i'm suing haha jk. nice work though! i would never get the balls to do that unless the wheels are truly fugged up. like jdmkid stated, you are baller! pics on car now!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

DeathFromAbove vs. The People Of CB7Tuner.com

*GUILTY BITCH!*

Hey man, I am the biggest fan of painted rims I know. Hell mine are painted even! And I am thinking about changing the color actually. I don't want to get stuck on the same ol' thing with them, so I might do blood red. Meh, not sure yet. Anyways yours look okay but why paint such nice rims black? I might be wrong, but you didn't even paint them with the tires off did you? So the inside of the rim nasty and junk?
            Props for going out on a limb though. I like em! Just wouldnt have done it myself.
            PS What did you do with the center caps? Did you paint them in by hand?

- Zipcreature
            Last edited by zipcreature; 11-30-2005, 03:30 AM.
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Looks good. And if you ever want to go back to white you still have the option.... it might cost a bit more but it is reversable.

Comment

If you prep it right, a good duplicolor paint job on rims will last 1-2 seasons. When they get too nicked up just repeat. Good deal if you ask me. I am thinking of getting a pair of ITRs as well but I was going to spray them gloss black.

Comment

def do the inside too!

Comment

looks great imo.

Comment

looks very clean
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

looks good bro
                        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

those are hott man. my rims im getting are black ;0

Comment

thanks for the comments. it's true, i was probably less hesitant to change the color and do it myself because they weren't perfectly mint to begin with. no scars in the metal, but the paint itself rather. and yeah, i kept the tires on, you can see a bit of the white on the very edge, i might touch that up, just dab a brush in some paint and run around it.

for the center caps, i put box packing tape over the H and cut it out around with an xacto painted, and peeled the tape off.

i won't bother painting the inside, there's too much oxidation, and besides, brake dust will paint it black for me. even stock the insides weren't painted, so i'm not gonna mess with that.

i am also anxiously awaiting spring so i can slap em back on.

Comment

look alright...

Thanks to Ronald for the great picture.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

www.vancouveraccords.com
                              www.esodraggers.com

Comment

Working...
                              X