Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This a decent price for 205/40/17's tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This a decent price for 205/40/17's tires?

Well I went to the cheapest place you can find tires around here and talked to the guy.

He showed me 2 types of tires that I could afford. One was a nankiay or something and the others where hankooks.

for the 205/40/17 nankay or whatever Mounted balenced etc are 335$ plus 30 for protection if i pop them etc i get new ones free.

for the 205/40/17's hankooks which looked really nice are 347.60 plus 38 for the protection. Im prob going to get the hankooks.

I also looked at winter tires. 291.00 for 4 tires installed balenced etc. I thought that was a good deal... or 150$ for 2 tires installed etc.

Let me know what you think =) goddd i can't wait to get my wheels!

bump

Comment

damn wayne, im all season tires were about 400 balanced.
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

205/40 is not the correct tire for a CB. You'll be driving on rubber bands and your wheel gap will increase. AGX will already make your car ride higher than the normal Neu. Race drop. Go with 215/45-17.

Don't cheap out on tires. Get a quality tire.

Comment

ive heard nankaNG isnt that bad

Comment

go tirerack, always the best prices. get a set of kumho 711's shipped for about $240.

theyre not gonna get you off the line the quickest, but they last a long time.

Comment

215/45/17 or 215/40/17 if you want a lower profile. 205 is too small. i second the kumho's. mounting and balancing should only be $10 each tire so a total of $280 and you got yourself some good tires with good treadwear and performance to boot. i dunno about the road hazard warranty though. personally there is really no need for it unless you drive offensively and are always in construction zones.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Hmm i see. Ill have to see. The guy priced me on 205's or 215's im not sure.
                Thanks for the info

Comment

i personaly have 205/40/17 nankang tires......i think the ones i got were 400 mounted and balanced. a good tire for the money IMO, if it weren't for my camber in the summer, i'd have over 10k miles on them. lol but truely a good tire though. yea u def don't want to cheap out on tires. i personaly would only go with pirelli or michelin on my car. but desperate times (no money) comes for desperate mesaures...nankang was the cheapest i could find (for what i wanted)......and i always go 205/40/17 on my 17x7 motegi mr7's. good luck in your decision.
                  My members ride thread

Comment

saterday i get my tires installed on the rims woot

Comment

looks lets get this straight on here. 205 is the width. a 205/40r 17 is going to be less wider than a 215/40r 17. its going to be taller but not much. nankang is a shitty tire if you dont race (autocross). they are cheap ass tires. if you want a good/decent tire go with fuzion zri, toyo fz4, these are w/z rated. you want a cheap tire go with nankang, these suck ass, h-rated. $125 is a good price for tires. you can check on ebay and get toyos for a good price. if you want performance go with a bfgoodrich, bridgestone (potenza )toyo or dunlop. but you are going to pay out your ass. i paided $535 for my 18s but that was after my discount. (a little )
                      AKA:ONEOFFACCORD

Comment

i got 205/40/17 nitto neogen and love em the reason im okay with a 40 profile is because my car is so damn low i was rubbing in the rear so i had to raise it a bit lol

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

I had 205/40/17 on my old tantrums, and it looked really small, even with my car HAMMERED. 215/40/17 on a 17x7 looks really nice and still handles great but give a softer ride than a 205. I got my new Dunlop SP's in 215/40/17 for $260 mounted/balanced. I have since sold them and moved on to what you see below...215/35/18

Comment

Working...
                          X