Will 235s on 18x7.5 +45 rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 235s on 18x7.5 +45 rub?

i know what you are all thinking, why go sooo wide, well im going to be track racing pretty soon and therefore i would like a wider tire, my current tires are 215/35/18, im thinking of going with BF Goodrich KDWs all 4 235/35/18, my rims are 18x7.5 +45, the tires on there now look "too narrow" for the rim so im sure 235s will fit on the rim, just wondering if anyone knows if these will rub anywhere? Thanks guys
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

anyone? no idea?
    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Comment

1. 7.5 inch wide wheels are not overly "wide" by any stretch of the imagination.
      2. you might rub with any wheel/tire combo at any height.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i have BFGoodrich g-Force tires in 215/40ZR18, and they look just fine, the tires have built in rim protectors..its like a little channel that the lip sits in that will protect it from minimal damage, but it mainly makes the tire wider, so you dont have that "too narrow" look that you spoke of..also...those tires are super sticky...and i wouldnt really think that 20mm would do that much for them, being that they are already sticky enough to get traction on pretty much any surface on any condition..all they do in my car is chirp, even if i just dump the clutch from 4k rpm...

Comment

Mine are 225/40/18 on 7.5" wide rims. I've had them rub a couple times, but my car is really low too. Since you have a lower profile, I think you could get away with it.

Comment

i think im gonna get 2 235s and see if they rub on front or back, if they rub in front then ill get 225s for back and wisewersa, if they dont rub then ill get 235 all around, or i might just not risk it and go 225s which im sure is plenty of meat

Comment

Working...
            X