X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting and balancing

i picked up these rims today from a local pull-a-part for $200
    good deal or no?

an also how much should i expect to pay to have them mounted an balanced on my tires?
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

normal tires shops around here charge about 60 bucks for mounting and balancing 4 wheels, shouldn't be anymore than that
    Members Ride

Comment

the link works for me.. lol
      but yea thanks just wonderin how much i should expect
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Members Ride

Comment

thanks
          OHIO CB7'S #11
          SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Yeah...those Prelude wheels look pretty good on my CB with Hankook 205s on 'em, just hope yours are in better condition than mine. I paid about $150 or a little less for mine, but probably should've tried for less cause they are kind corroded...oh well, I'm gonna clean 'em up and either have them powder coated or probably just do a really good spray paint job.
            A couple notes...they come very close to some brake and suspension parts. The weights where put on the back, and when going in reverse and wheels turned completely either direction, they hit the washers on the sway bar end-links. Gonna need to be rebalanced in the spring cause the weights are almost completely warn off. I'm going to have them rebalanced with the weights on the front of the wheel, and add thin shins to give the wheel some space.

I agree with ~$60 for mounting and balancing.

Get some pics.
            Last edited by Otto; 12-12-2006, 01:05 AM.
            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
            X