h22 to h23 tensioner conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 to h23 tensioner conversion

on a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is this for a mediocre mechanic to do with motor in the car. i have a little bit of skill. i was able to do the auto to manual tranny swap physically all my my self. my mods basic now but the future can be different. i have the parts for the conversion but debating if i want to try this or let a shop go ahead and do it.
    91 Ex CB9
    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
    Weight Reductions
    R33 or R34 front end

http://www.collectiveracing.net/crfo....php?topic=9.0

Comment

Not hard at all. It's just removing a few bolts and adding some new parts.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Its not hard at all man. I was in the same shoes as you and i felt overwhelemed becasue i never did anything with the actual engine before. But in reality its really simple.

Follow the collective racing guide and it should go smoth as butter

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Hardest issue experienced with the overall swap was fitting the belt since it gets on really tight.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks for the link Phempa. but i already have like two pdf versions of the install. i just wanted to know from people who have limited motor experience or first timers. not someone who has done it multiple times. most experienced people will do this swap with the motor pulled. i live in apartments an have to do everything in my parking lot which means i ain't pulling the motor. i hear so many talk about how tuff the belt is to get on, and it just seem intimidating. i also hear alot of people remove the l bracket and replace the long bolts with short ones and it will give a lil more clearance. its just intimidating to me thats all. just trying to get everything all worked out and have my project moving again. that way, i can hang out at meets with you guys Nail when meets are in the dfw area.
            91 Ex CB9
            JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
            p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
            Weight Reductions
            R33 or R34 front end

Comment

This is what me and my friend ended up doing. We had clothes pins hold the belt in place on the cam gear and a piece of cardboard to jam the belt in place at the crank. Then we installed the tensioner WITH belt on it and it amazingly went on with no hitch. We tried installing everything and doing the tensioner last. That didnt work too well as we were only a couple MM off and the belt wouldnt go on. So we ended up taking off the tensioner and it went on a lot easier.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

heres my write up, has additional pics just incase you might need them

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ad.php?t=10082
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

The F22 came with a manual right?
                  wat?

Comment

Yea.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                      heres my write up, has additional pics just incase you might need them

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ad.php?t=10082

thanks phatdoughnut. its possible that yours is probably one of the write ups i have. can't remember, i will have to check this evening after work. i guess i am more nervous about not getting things hooked up right or not begin able to get the belt on period. i hear everybody and their momma talk about the belt. especially since i will be doing this with the motor in the car. while i am at it, i guess i could drop my ac while i am at it and just get a belt for the crank and alt. since i will be in the area.
                      91 Ex CB9

W.I.P.
                      p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
                      Weight Reductions
                      R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Originally posted by flight50
                        thanks phatdoughnut. its possible that yours is probably one of the write ups i have. can't remember, i will have to check this evening after work. i guess i am more nervous about not getting things hooked up right or not begin able to get the belt on period. i hear everybody and their momma talk about the belt. especially since i will be doing this with the motor in the car. while i am at it, i guess i could drop my ac while i am at it and just get a belt for the crank and alt. since i will be in the area.

Yes it is a little hard to put back on, but So was the belt I put on my f22b dohc when I had it. So it was really a big deal.

Just take pictures if you have a camera of how things go back on, IF not Im sure one of us can take some pdgs of our manuals and post them.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

im doing this right now on a H22A4 and its easy as hell. just follow the collective racing info and ur golden

Comment

when i did mine 2 weeks ago it was to tight.

so i put the belt on first , then slid the tenisors on.

it was real easy.
                            FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                            My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

The hardest part is making sure everything is aligned when you put the belt on.

and thats not that hard.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X