2.5" exhaust......what a difference!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5" exhaust......what a difference!!

I've had my jdm H22 in my 92 accord for almost a year. I put a 2" pipe from the catback when I bought the car in 93. When I made the swap I was happy with the power increase but I always thought that it should have been more. Three days ago, I went over a speed bump a little too fast an ripped off my cat. I decided to go with a 2.5" inch pipe and the difference is incredible. The car has so much more torque and revs so much cleaner. I can't believe I waited so long to do this.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Cool manig. When I get my motor put in this week, im going with 2.5" mandrel bent piping too.

Comment

sounds nice, what kinda muffler are you using? and any resonators or anything like that?

just curious, have you had your car tuned since the exhaust? cause i would assume that when you have more flow, you would lose torque... isnt that how it works? highflow is better for more topend power.

Comment

yup i went back to 2.25 because my motor isnt built yet.... But after its built ittle be tuned and i dont know why but till this very day i go to the races and when i run other cars ,i get accused of juicin.

Comment

I haven't done any tuning yet. I have an extra long resonator and no cat. I'm going to get a high-flow cat cause, even though it has a nice deep tone, it's a little loud. The extra torque I'm talking about is in the mid range and top end.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

can you get a sound or video clip of your exhaust? i would like to hear how it sounds. right now i have a ws muffler on the end, but im selling that and im putting a 22" magnaflow resonator inline as well as a skunk or evo style muffler.

Comment

Do resonators hurt the flow of your exhaust any? I've never torn one apart, but they're bigger than the rest of the piping, so I'm guessing that would slow down the exhaust speed.
              -Jay

Comment

some do like a stock resonator would but they do have some highflow ones and the performance ones with catback exhausts usually have highflow or go custom and have none complete flow . No crush bends even better mandrel bent is the key.

Comment

Working...
                X