f22b rotor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b rotor?

does anyone know what rotor to use for the f22b dohc motor its internal and it has a rotor that is held on by a scew. i bought one for a 91accord that has an internal dizzy but it doesnt have a screw to hold it on can any one help me out ?
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

I used a 92-95 Civic Si internal coil cap and rotor on my F20A...

although I have heard that 99-01 B16 Civic Si caps and rotors work well...but I have no firsthand on that though...

it kind of depends actually... did you keep the internal coil? or switch to external? if you switched to external or used an ext coil dizzy then I'd just use the H23A1 rotor...although I guess there's no real reason why you couldn't just use the H23A1 rotor regardless of the coil...

I got my Civic Si rotor for free with the cap so I used that...

gawd the original rotor was hard to get off though...evil little screw...I can still almost smell the liquid wrench and PB Blaster...that and a very long phillips that matches the screw exactly helps immensely...

that tiny little screw ranks right up there with axle nuts and crank pulley bolts...bleh...

Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 08-24-2004, 02:13 PM.
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

ok well i just got it off so im gonna run to the store and find out
      thanks for the help
      cb7 sold

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
        ok well i just got it off so im gonna run to the store and find out
        thanks for the help
        NP... take the old one and compare it... and let us know what you find out...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i used the accord one...
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

ok well they both seem the same but i have no spark at all so im up shits creek right now i dont know what it is. i was going to swap dizzys but im gonna keep trying to trouble shoot it
            cb7 sold

Comment

h23 # ep469 napa echlin.

Comment

well i ended up using a 91 accord rotor and cap. the old one that was on the motor had a screw in it and the 91 rotor was one that you just slide on but it still works
                cb7 sold

Comment

Sorry to revive this old thread, but Ive been searching and havent really found my answer...

Question: My 92 lx is external coil, my f22b is internal...and through shipping somehow the cap got broken, so I know I can either use 90-91 or 92-95 si cap, but my question is when I keep the engine with the internal coil, will I have to modify the wiring, or no? Because in other threads it kinda lead me to beleive that if I keep it internal, I would have to mod. the wiring for it...???

Jay
                  Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

i believe you have to modify the wiring..my f22b was converted to an external dizzy, so i'm pretty sure you would have to modify it to go from external to internal also
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Yeah, you are gona have to wire it up! its easy!

unless you go out and buy an external h22-23 dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                        Yeah, you are gona have to wire it up! its easy!

unless you go out and buy an external h22-23 dizzy
                        Aight...so its easy. Now explain the wiring process, please.

Jay
                        Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Internal/External Coil Issues:
                          If your car came equipped with an internal coil then the JDM H22 distributor will plug right in no problem. However, if your car had external coil then you will have to modify one plug. The plug you will need to modify is the plug that went to the stock coil. There are is a yellow and a yellow/black wire, splice those 2 wires together. The Black/White wire is useless, don’t worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                          X