whats a better swap for 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a better swap for 91

Ok im either going to swap in the JDM H22A or the JDM F22A 2.2 SOHC VTEC 92-97. The F22A specs:2.2 Liter SOHC VTEC Engine 160hp/146tq/9:2:1 Compression Ratio. And the H22A Specs:2.2 Liter DOHC VTEC Engine hydro operated tranny 200hp/161tq/10.6 Compression Ratio. Im into High Horse power and speed so what do you think would be better?

H22a =)

but i heard u can boost the Smaller Engine Series and still be nice

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Get the H.
      F22B+Vtec= Huge disappointment....Epic fail.
      no justice.

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
        Get the H.
        F22B+Vtec= Huge disappointment....Epic fail.
        no justice.

yupppp

Comment

just keep the F22A thats already in there..

do these:

* H23 Intake Mani * ( you can keep the secondaries or GUT the butterflies )
          * Chipped PO6
          * DSM 16G turbo
          * DSM turbo exhaust manifold ( redrilled to fit F22A head )
          * DSM OBD1 bluetip Injectors OR RC 550cc Injectors
          * Walbro or Venom Fuel pump * 255lph *
          * A6 cam OR 272 cam ( stock A6 is fine )
          * FPR
          * New MFR ( to supply the power to the new fuel pump.)
          * Get another STOCK oil pan..( drill and bung it for the turbo oil outlet.)
          * tune with a good program ( Crome...Uberdata..etc.etc ) with that PO6 chipped ECU

If you're detailed like I am...redo the fuel lines. ( to and from ) with steel braided lines. along with your brake lines. ( that will run you some money )

the HP you should get from those said additions...will net you around 230-250 depending on the HEALTH of the internals.

if you have an abundance of funds...you could rebuild the F22A for MORE boost and stability. ( block and head overhaul = new internals and valvetrain ( for more strength under a higher PSI.

yes...the H22A drop in MAY be the best bang for the buck but ( PERSONALLY ) id rather play with the F22A and get the some nice numbers out of the basic turbo add-on and tune.

NOTE: I have had an H22A in one of my CBs ( I liked it )..but Id rather boost a F22A. ( boost is LOVELY )
          Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 04-03-2008, 11:13 AM.
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
          X