h22a4 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a4 swap

I just purchased a 1998 h22a4 and I am wanting to put it in my 93 accord. I need to know what all I need to do this as far as wiring and what type of ecu to use. Iplan on using the stock accord 5 speed tranny. Also will my stock accord exhaust manifold bolt to the h22a4 head? Any help would be great

Not to mention your pick-up triggers for the coils on the OBD-2 engine are on the crank instead of in the distributor.

And one thing I am not sure of is the fuel injectors. The 1998 lude has 290cc saturate (high impedence) injectors. The P13 won't like that one bit. Not to mention the P13 is expecting 345cc injectors and not 290cc.

Honestly I have never done the H22A4 swap into anything. I've always done the A1 or JDM 1992-1995 H22A so I've never had to do it.

I'm going to do some snooping around on my usual sources to see if I can dig anything up. You keep up the hunt to.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

the h22a4 has an external coil I just went and looked at it

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        couldn't you use an h22a1 distributor/injectors and swap it to OBD1 though....
        Sure but that's allot more money plus having to ditch what your engine came with. Not very economical.

I'll see if I can find out exactly what has to be done.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

ok swap is done. I used a obd1 distributor, kept the h22a4 injectors,and Im running a p72 ecu. Car runs ok when driving just very slow but at idle it revs up and down and dies often, any suggestions? No check engine light.

Comment

obd 1

Comment

get the ECU chipped for the motor.
              Four rods enter, one rod leaves...

Comment

Working...
              X