just swapped in F22B DOHC, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just swapped in F22B DOHC, But...

well, I locked up my F22a1 bout two weeks ago with 228k and since then have swapped in an F22B from tiger with a p39 ecu. I got a new clutch kit from Autozone and put it on cause my old one was pretty thin and chunked up a little. I replace the plugs, wires, valve cover gasket, and drivers side engine mount also took the oil pan and crank pully off my old motor. My only problem is the engine feels like it has an internal vibration like something is not balanced right. At about 2,500 and 5,500 rpm the car vibrates the worst. I've put it on the lift at work and checked for exhaust rubbing and stuff but so far am stumped. I'm afraid of it being internal and me doing further damage. ANY thoughts as to what I can check???

Check the balance shaft belt? maybe its off.

Comment

what gets done with the oil pump if you take the balance belt off?

Comment

nevermind, did a search on that one

Comment

so what was it

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
          Check the balance shaft belt? maybe its off.

that what I was thinking

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i haven't had a chance to check the balance shaft yet, it'll be tomorrow after work before i can. I want to get rid of the vibration and make sure the engine is good before i go adjusting anything else - changing over to external Blaster 2 coil, finishing power steering, fixing idle surge ... I'm just so frustrated cause i've spent hours checking everything but the balance shaft and am gonna be pissed if it's not the problem. I can tell the motor is gonna be fun after its tuned!

I'll post what I find
            Last edited by MethodFX; 05-19-2008, 11:09 PM.

Comment

checked the Balance belt and it was fine so for the heck of it I took the belt off, problem solved! next question is can i run with the belt off with no problems?

Comment

Originally posted by MethodFX
                checked the Balance belt and it was fine so for the heck of it I took the belt off, problem solved! next question is can i run with the belt off with no problems?
                Yep.
                wat?

Comment

what is this "kit" i read about for leaving the belt off?

Comment

what is this "kit" i read about for leaving the belt off?
                    Its so you can take the shafts out to save weight. You just press in aluminum caps to seal the holes.
                    wat?

Comment

k, can the shafts be pulled out with the engine in the car?

Comment

k, can the shafts be pulled out with the engine in the car?
                        Maybe the rear but not the front.
                        wat?

Comment

thanks for the help!

Comment

if taking it off fixed the problem then your balancer shafts were not right. the rear on is the tricky one, you have to get the bolt into the shaft through a hole in the back of your block and you have to get the gear on it to line up the dot with the pointer. There is a gear drive on it so just because the dot lines up with the pointer, it dosent mean that it is right.
                            spin city

Comment

yeah, but i'd just assume leave the belt off than try to balance them out properly, I'm tired of pulling the side cover off!

Comment

Working...
                              X