F22 to F23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 to F23?

Can I simply swap a F22 out for an F23, or would I run into horrible mounting issues and such?
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Re: F22 to F23?

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
    Can I simply swap a F22 out for an F23, or would I run into horrible mounting issues and such?
    yo can swap out the motor. the mounts wil fit. but anyway try usingthe accord mount. the one thats mounted to the block swap them. you will have to swap the fuel rail. use ur wiring harness add extra wires for vtec i think thats all any else let me know on my members rides

Comment

i am looking to do the thing with my car i have the motor already but what did you do about the wire harness I am installing a 1998 motor in my 91 accord going from a 2.2 to a 2.3 v tec and i was hopeing i could use the 1998 engine harness and plug it into the 1991 car harness is it possible? also do they sell the direct connecters? what do you think. Jim

harvcharg@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by harvcharg
        i am looking to do the thing with my car i have the motor already but what did you do about the wire harness I am installing a 1998 motor in my 91 accord going from a 2.2 to a 2.3 v tec and i was hopeing i could use the 1998 engine harness and plug it into the 1991 car harness is it possible? also do they sell the direct connecters? what do you think. Jim

harvcharg@aol.com
        dont use the 98 harness that only means 2 O2 SENSOR. THATS OBD2 ur accord is non-obd. use ur harness and use a 94-95 accord vtec ecu that obd 1 but still good.

Comment

will the 91 accord harness plug right into the 98 engine? will i need to do any changes? also will the computer plug right in? how do i go about wireing up the v tec. thanks Jim

Comment

will the 91 accord harness plug right into the 98 engine? will i need to do any changes? also will the computer plug right in? how do i go about wireing up the v tec. thanks Jim
            the plugs shouldnt be a problem, any honda computer form 90 and up will plug in, dont plug any ecu in. im just saying. u will only have to use 2 wires. vtec solined and pressure switch ill try to get u a pic of the pin outs. when u plug up ur harness just match it up. some things u dont have to use, and you willfind out what . try getting a diahgram of both cars where there are sensors and not.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
              the plugs shouldnt be a problem, any honda computer form 90 and up will plug in, dont plug any ecu in. im just saying. u will only have to use 2 wires. vtec solined and pressure switch ill try to get u a pic of the pin outs. when u plug up ur harness just match it up. some things u dont have to use, and you willfind out what . try getting a diahgram of both cars where there are sensors and not.

..if its a 98, its OBD2 and more of a headache to wire up if anything. it can be done, but its not just 2 wires for the vtec solenoid and pressure switch.
              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

could you explain if its not just 2 wires. also can i use the 91 distributer and get the same performance.

Comment

could you explain if its not just 2 wires. also can i use the 91 distributer and get the same performance.
                  ..honestly, OBD2 is not my strongpoint, but i know plenty of people tell me its a headache to wire up. completely different plugs, harness, etc...and you can't use a 91 dizzy on a 98 motor. hopefully BustedLx, WikkeDV16,and other cb7tuners who have more knowledge on this can post up here
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I was told the 91 harness will work on the 98 motor just a couple of sensors you wouldent use. anouther question is would i be able to use the 98 intake with the 91 harness?

Comment

they dont sell a direct connect connecters so i could plug a 98 engine harness into the 91 car harness?

Comment

90-95 are obd1
                        95 and up are obd2
                        3rd gens are obd0

its probably easyest to just use the f23 with f22a harness, and then use a 5th gen ex obd1 poa ecu... like oneoffaccord said

H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I was told the 91 harness will work on the 98 motor just a couple of sensors you wouldent use. anouther question is would i be able to use the 98 intake with the 91 harness?
                          i would rather a dual stage manifold if you have that. 91-93 accord. if anybody wants one i have one

Comment

i have the dual stage intake. that intake is better than the 98 intake? if so could you explain why its better. thanks Jim

Comment

My bad i no longer have the dual stage intake. but how is the dual stage intake better than the 98 intake. thanks Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X