No H22 this time.......DAMN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No H22 this time.......DAMN!

The other day I went to my friends shop to get the h22a and a new transmission in, but found out that i was going to cost me close to $4000 with the setup that i wanted (Headers, getting the ecu installed, etc.). I just couldnt afford the H22a because of damn bills, and money I have to spend for school. So, imma just save up for a 1year or so and finally get the h22a. So, I just got a newer f22a put in. So, im guessing I have to just modify the f22a. I know this question might of been asked many times but.....what kinda parts are there available to make my f22a faster? Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this and helping me out. Peace, and God bless!

Well...there are many members on here that could have most likely walked you through installing it yourself...they all say it is a piece of cake as long as you have tools. As far as speed mods, everything is available from intakes and exaust to cams and ecus. Money is your only limit.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

check out the FI area on this site.. u can turbo the f22 for pretty damn cheap!!
      86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

I can seriously turbo my F22a?

hmmm...a turbo for my f22a. Thanks for the suggestion. Im going to look into that. Thanks for the reply guys.

Comment

There are quite a few turbo F22 guys on here, and the number is growing The newest thing to do is get an F22B DOHC (JDM) and boost that. The dual cam setup will be better for tuning, and the 160hp is more to start with. The engines only go for about $800 or less, and they bolt directly in with no modifications.

Comment

you need to save up a whole year to get a h22?

Comment

Im not that rich bro...

Im going to Pasadena Art Center currently. The tuitions about $40,000 a year. On top of that I have my bills, have to pay for gas, etc. No worries though...Ill eventually get the H22a. F22b DOHC? That sounds interesting. Can you get the engine in manual, or is it only auto? Thanks for the replys guys.

Comment

Manual. 92accordDX just got his in. I was supposed to help, but work sucks

If you're thinking turbo at all, then the F22B DOHC is the best bet. The H22, while an amazing engine, is WAY too expensive to boost on a budget. Either you'll be stuck at about 6psi, making less power than the system is worth, or you'll spend close to $10,000 to get it right. With the F22B DOHC, you can probably cut those figures in half for the build, and probably boost to 10psi easily with proper fuel management.

Comment

Yeah deev thats true but my setup is way less than 10k and its being done right its more like 3,200 build just for the build and another 700 for the parts

Comment

Really? I wanna see a list of parts and labor If it can be done that cheap, I might drive up there and have that done myself in a year or two!

Comment

you just gotta shop around and they have people who specialize in h22's allmotor and boost before and after its built

Comment

Working...
                      X