F22B valve lash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B valve lash

I just did a swap a few months ago(3k miles or so) and the valve chatter seems to have gotten kinda loud. I decided to do a valve adjustment on it the other day. after starting the adjustment i found intake valves on cylinders 2 and 3 were out of spec (.07-.11mm intake/ .15-.19mm exhaust), but the car still seems kinda loud. I had adjusted them to .07 and .15. Are these motors naturally louder than F22A's?

is that the like squeking sound from the motor? sounds like some ones is riding a rusted bike??
    ..it's bean bitches!!..

Comment

no, its a *tick* or *tap* sound coming from the motor also happens when its real low on oil.

Comment

F22B DOHC lash is same as H23 DOHC:

0.07-.11 mm Intake
        0.15-0.19 mm Exhaust
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i'm really just trying to see from other f22b owners if this motor has a loud valve setup?

Comment

No, the valve *tick* you hear probably isn't normal. My car has a little bit of valve noise at Idle but you have to really *REALLY!!!!* be listening for it.

Adjust your valves, and if the problem still persists I would look at the cam shafts themselves, you never know there might be some wear on them along with the out of spec valves. This combination very well may be causing your *tick*
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Working...
            X