h22 complete swap or h22 no tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 complete swap or h22 no tranny

im having trouble on deciding what to get a complete h22 swap minus motor mounts for $1,300 or a h22, ecu, wiring harness, prelude final drive gear and limited slip differential $1000 and no motor mounts and i plan on taking it to the track a few times

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
    im having trouble on deciding what to get a complete h22 swap minus motor mounts for $1,300 or a h22, ecu, wiring harness, prelude final drive gear and limited slip differential $1000 and no motor mounts and i plan on taking it to the track a few times
    do what the honda gods intended, get the entire swap. w/ the H series trans, you'll accelerate a lot quicker sine it has shorter gears.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

It's funny how they'll tear into the tranny just to give you the f/d and LSD, what a waste Plus, I believe you'd need an LSD case to make it work, non-LSD case is smaller. First off, you can reuse all your stock mounts. Either way, you will def. enjoy an H tranny or the 4.266 f/d, up to you. I say full swap myself.

Comment

get the 1k

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          It's funny how they'll tear into the tranny just to give you the f/d and LSD, what a waste Plus, I believe you'd need an LSD case to make it work, non-LSD case is smaller. First off, you can reuse all your stock mounts. Either way, you will def. enjoy an H tranny or the 4.266 f/d, up to you. I say full swap myself.

correct, you do need a bigger OEM case to install a LSD unit unless some manufacturer makes one for non-lsd cases.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Full swap, there so much cheaper nowa days. I payed 2700 w/ lsd for mine back in 04
            90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
            01 S2000 Silverstone
            90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
            http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
            X