Euro-R Tranny Swap!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro-R Tranny Swap!?!?

So ive got a 93 honda accord ex with an h22a swap mated to the f22 stock 5speed transmission. The car is currently a high 15 second car or a low 16 second car. I am getting 3,500 between tax refund and school loan in 4 weeks. I have been highly highly debating swapping a Euro R T2W4 tranmission in it. Curious to as if anyone has experience with swapping or working with this transmission????

got an ACT clutch and Fidanze flywheel already to go in a new donor transmission. The M2b4 is 1150 shipped w/ lsd from hmotors or I can wait a while and special order the T2W4 for 1650 shipped.

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Experience?

Thanks

The way i see it man dropping 1150 or more on a used honda tranny is a bad idea. If all you want is shorter gears just go with the US h22 tranny and get aftermarket lsd to put in and maybe freshen up while the case is open. the stocker lsd trannys are starting to get pretty old even if u find a good sposed low mile who knows how much longer it will hold out lsd wise
    2004 Audi A4 Quattro 6 speed
    2002 Chevy 2500HD LQ4
    1995 SE 240sx 5 speed Ka-T re under construction
    1991 240sx current paper weight for sale
    Have a 240sx Q ask me
    Sorry I just think body kits are ***.
    Still lurking around......

Comment

If you can find that trans for cheap, do it. I wouldn't spend over $700 on it though.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i agree 1150 is quite a lot to spend on a trans unless your gonna build it. i know i am not gonna upgrade my tranny untill i can consistently blow them up. then ill switch to some strait cut gears.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Ive never had any problems from hmotors is something is wrong they are usually pretty quick to fix it. I have never seen a Euro R Transmission sell for less than 1500.00 and the H22a LSD's Ive seen go for as low as 500.00 but rarely. Also the Euro R and Accord-R are the only LSD's that are interchangeable for quaife and kaaz.

Comment

Working...
          X