Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F23/H23 hybrid completed!!! Look inside...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23/H23 hybrid completed!!! Look inside...

I thought some people might appeciate this...H23 head on an F23 block with H22 pistons...

For all you who don't get out to other boards all that much...

original HT thread...http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1046336

and another on AD...
    http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...ead.php?t=7615
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Something I would never venture out to do...but I guess if you've got all the extra parts lying around, go for it.

Zigen...what are your plans now, I know you have a few F's engines and some H23A1 "like" heads lying around. Just wondering whats going through your head now that this has become a success.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

he likes his stroke short no reason for him to do something like it.
      HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
        Something I would never venture out to do...but I guess if you've got all the extra parts lying around, go for it.

Zigen...what are your plans now, I know you have a few F's engines and some H23A1 "like" heads lying around. Just wondering whats going through your head now that this has become a success.

Jay
        I think the true pearl of information here is the 1mm overbore on the F23 cylinders without sleeving...not so much the succesful frankensteining...

it should be interesting to see how the cylinders hold up in the long term...because I've talked to alot of knowledgeable people and that much of a bore makes them nervous... I will be keeping a close eye on the progress of this...

But the creativity is amazing... using the f23 97mm crank w/ 55mm mains is something I personally wouldn't have done... I'd have been more eager to use a 98+ OBDII H22A crank...still though... this particular project has many layers of interest IMO...the F23 block has alot of potential IMO, just like the F22 block... and in all honesty the F22Ax heads are pretty decent bases IMHO...

I dunno though... I am very tempted to try a few things now that this new information has come out...

an F20A4 SOHC 88mm stroke block with an F22B or F20A dohc head might be an interesting thing to try...but that is not so much anything new...or even an F23 block with a 90.7mm OBDII H22A crank & either some F23 or H22 pistons... with some big evil cams, it should be a good revver either way that's for sure...

Originally posted by 93accordEX
        he likes his stroke short no reason for him to do something like it.
        Hey.. I resemble that remark...

but keep in mind... my stroke is only a smidgeon shorter than yours...
        Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 11-08-2004, 06:16 PM.
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I'll be using a F23 headgasket on my setup , but yea it did strike my interest when I found out this engine has 86mm bore and for those iffy on the F22ax 95mm stroke, this F23's 97mm is even more! 6500 rpm redline eh, but it gets it's torque at a lower RPM I guess I'll be a step down on this, but going along the same lines.

This kind of info that he found out though, makes me wonder how old I'll be before this shit don't interested me no more... nevar!
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

just wondering i was planning on webcams stage 1 cams in the h23 head and some atomic pistons what would be the best size and style of piston for an f22/h23 swap to produce the most power

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
            X