A couple of quick questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of quick questions...

First off, being new here, I would like to say hello to all! Next, based on what I've read already, your saying that basicly any 22 engine would be a direct bolt in for my '92 Accord?! For instance, an H22 from a Prelude should bolt right up? If so, would the Prelude have to be a '92, or could I use the more powerful '97 moddle engine? Any info would be most helpful. Thankx in advance for your replys, and have a great day!
    Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Any h22a motor will bit.. but.. u want a 92-96 prelude h22a.. why? simple after 96.. on board diagonstics changed.. from OBDI TO OBDII.. making it more of a bitch.. pardon my french .. to swap.. 92-96 swaps = direct bolt ons.. so are the 97+ but there is more wiring involved..

there is a few stickies in the swap thread that tells u all about this but just being quick

92-96 prelude h22a
    90-96? accord f22a1/a4/a6/b2
    92-96 prelude f22b dohc (JDM) is equivalent to
    92-96 prelude H23a dohc (U.S)
    all of these and many more can be swapped in.. its all about ur budget/preference and what your trying to go for..

f20a dohc/f20a sohc/f20b dohc vtec etc.. alot of engines fit into the accord bay.. so enjoy researching for what u want

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

96 is obd2
      HSHO #3

Comment

Thank you WiKKeDV16 for the info. Question #2: Would I have any trouble with the transmissions? The reason I ask is I have a slight delema with my '90 CRX I'm working on... Sport Compact Car mag. ran an article where the swapped a '90 Accura Integra B18A1 into a fourth gen. civic chassis, and said the swap would also work with a CRX as well. The article was pretty much a step by step how to. All I thought I was going to need was a special set of axles, and a mount kit from Hasport. But when I called Hasport and asked them if this worked with an automatic transmission, they said no. To make a long story short, my CRX is an automatic, so I figured the Integra I needed for my swap should also be an automatic. How wrong was I! A few people said it could be done, but I would have to change the front crossmember, and find a place to mount the computer that controlls the tranny. (The CRX shifts due to a lock-up torque converter, the Integra is shifted through a computer.) So you can see my reason for the concern. Once again, thankx in advance for your replys.
        Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Working...
        X