how do you unhook the shifter cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you unhook the shifter cable

how do you unhook this bastard i found it and its the only thing still connected to the motor
    93 Honda Accord Lx
    Check it out A.O.M. 11/2014

did you unbolt the bolts on the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXRacer View Post
      did you unbolt the bolts on the frame?
      what bolts on the frame?
      93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

Originally posted by blackenwkn View Post
        what bolts on the frame?
        there arnt any

if you already unhooked the ends from the trans the only other thing is to unbolt the 3 bolts holding the cable holder to the trans

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
          there arnt any

if you already unhooked the ends from the trans the only other thing is to unbolt the 3 bolts holding the cable holder to the trans
          yea lol after i started lifting the motor to see what all was unhooked when it was lifted up i saw the three bolts lol and now my f22 sits on the ground next to the honda instead of inside the car
          93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

yea lol after i started lifting the motor to see what all was unhooked when it was lifted up i saw the three bolts lol and now my f22 sits on the ground next to the honda instead of inside the car
            Sorry i got mixed up man. R u pulling the car with the transmission and all?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXRacer View Post
              Sorry i got mixed up man. R u pulling the car with the transmission and all?
              yea i pulled the motor with the tranny still mounted to it
              93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

You gonna do a 5 speed swap?

Comment

yea i pulled the motor with the tranny still mounted to it
                  i did this and snapped the cable and i have to replace it as well so anu info well be good. i think youd have to take apart the shifter inside the car and unhook it from that as well i am probabley very wrong about this though.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                    i did this and snapped the cable and i have to replace it as well so anu info well be good. i think youd have to take apart the shifter inside the car and unhook it from that as well i am probabley very wrong about this though.
                    i just took out the three bolts holding the case over the shifter cable hook up and it came right off i lifted the motor and saw that i was snagged on the cable lol good thing i didnt keep lifting
                    93 Honda Accord Lx

Comment

i just took out the three bolts holding the case over the shifter cable hook up and it came right off i lifted the motor and saw that i was snagged on the cable lol good thing i didnt keep lifting
                      yeah we saw it and then we started to lower it back down but it still snapped so now i have to go to the junkyard and get one i dont know how much it would cost new.

Comment

Removing the shifter cable in an auto trans

The easiest way to do this when pulling tranny/engine, just remove the shifter handle with a Phillips screwdriver on the passenger side of the shifter. Then remove the four screw holding the MIDDLE console down, there may be some hidden screws holding the middle console to the centre console so be careful here. Then, KEY ON, foot on brake, shift to a low gear, this exposes a LOCKING CLIP that connects the cable to the shifter. PRY off this tin mechanism and VOILA, the cable will disconnect. NOW, go under the car, drop the exhaust from the manifold and the two bolts that hold it the rear of the engine. Once this is done, use a DEEP ten millimetre socket and drop the FRONT two NUTS that hold the HEAT SHIELD. Just bend it down a bit, it will bend back and then use your 10 mm socket again to remove TWO bolts that hold the shifter cable RUBBER GROMMET in place/
                        AUTO cables go from tranny > shifter.
                        MANUAL cables go from shifter > tranny.
                        YEP. I AM Canadian.
                        1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

Working...
                        X