Oh no, bye bye f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, bye bye f22

Its official, no more single cam, no vtec, been with me and the racecar for almost 20yrs, a full race car log book, 10,000+ track miles, 220,000+ total miles. The f22a1 is no longer there when I open the hood. I will miss that motor.

There is good news though. I wont miss it for long, the plan is to drop the big cam f22 into the street car. Idle with the ac on may be tricky and I will be able to hear the exhaust but I think that it will be worth it for the power.

And then then there is the hole left in the race car, what can I do, what could take the place of my previous engine. I finally conformed and went with what the other racers told me to do. I really had no choice as the big cam f series was banned from Honda Challenge H2 before it even had a chance. I found a "JDM" motor on one of the local forums, and it sounded like a good deal. It had twice as many cams as my old motor, it came with a bunch of spare parts, it was painted red and even had VeeeeeTECh written on the top of the engine.

I think you already know the answer. H22A. All I did was replace the seals, timing belt, water pump. I did use the 62mm tb, lightweight flywheel, ,lightweight crank pulley and fuel pressure regulator from the f22 build but only because I also had to use the accord fuel injectors due to the wire harness plugs. The only performance part I put on was an ebay header, granted it was a hytec knockoff.

Im pretty pleased with the results, granted I was happy before with the stock f22 performance and then with the modified f22 as well. In the past few years I have gone from; tuned stock 120whp 130tq >>>>> big cam only 143whp 136tq >>>>> cam+tb+h23manifold 161whp 141tq >>>>> H22a 185whp 147tq.

Time will tell weather or not the 6% weight increase is worth the 15% power increase. Barber motor sports park is less than a week away.
    1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
    newer race video,older race videos
    1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
    1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

good shit. didnt know f series were banned from H. looks like the h22a4 sitting int he basement will be seeing race duty.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

you can still run the f22 without the mods to the cam and manifold, but then it wouldnt be at all competitive.

I must say thanks to my good friend and fellow racer John of John's Honda Recycling in columbia, sc. I drove down there yesterday and we got started a little after 9am, the motor was running at 630. I have no clue how long this would have taken without him. I also want to thank Howard at RLZ engineering for the great job he does with the engine tuning on all my motors and helping me solve all the issues my car has shown him.

Comment

I was wondering where the Bisi level 2.5 cammed F22A was going to go, now I know! You've done alot of track miles, wow!

Comment

Ole John!!! Hes the man when it comes to good motors and he stands behind them and happens to be pretty cheap. I am about to throw in a Delta 272 in my F22a1 so I can get a little bit more power so I can surprise a couple people.

Comment

I knew someone had to know John, I try not to do too much advertising on accord boards though because then I wont have as many parts to chose from.

Comment

Working...
            X