f22b turbo swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b turbo swap

hey guys whats up. ive been looking in to doing a f22b motor swap on my 92 but i have yet to see much info about it anywhere and i want to go turbo when i do it. i no that i can use the dsm manifold but what year manifold 1g or 2g???? and what holes do i have to redrill for it to fit??? and what manifold gasket do i use the f22b or the dsm gasket??? i have been talking to deevergote about this for a lil while and hes been tellin me as much as he knows about the swap and he told me one of his friends has done it but not the turbo part. does anyone eles have any info on this swap??? thanks joshua
    Xbox: cityslika4g63

currently in progress with the swap, then I'm going turbo. Either 1st or 2nd gen dsm manifolds will work, the difference is that the 2nd has better flow and some say it doesn't crack like the 1st gen. I suggest a f22ax manifold gasket. Run your stock ecu till you go turbo, then chip an ecu and use uberdata. And in case you have the same problem I had, the distributor cap is one from a 90 accord, cause that has the internal coil.
    Hey, do you have a sedan or coupe? Cause I'm debating how well a turbo is going to fit in my '92 coupe, the engine bay is a lot smaller...
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      Hey, do you have a sedan or coupe? Cause I'm debating how well a turbo is going to fit in my '92 coupe, the engine bay is a lot smaller...

What?

Comment

the enigne bay is the same size on BOTH the sedan and coupe.
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

it can't be, cause I look in my sedan and I have a lot of room. I look in my coupe and its a tight fit.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

And when you order hoods for a 4th gen, you have to specify wether you have a sedan or coupe, because the coupe engine bay is smaller
            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
              And when you order hoods for a 4th gen, you have to specify wether you have a sedan or coupe, because the coupe engine bay is smaller
              uhh are you sure on this? a bunch of 4th gen Accords around my area just went in on a group buy for CF hoods... both sedans and coupes... no one had to specify anything... the size of the hoods are the exact same... and if you have both a coupe and a sedan from 90-93, the hoods are pretty much interchangable... I mean measure it up... they can't be different sizes...

V-TAK FTW!!1!

Comment

When I go to buy hoods for my car, it says to specify either coupe or sedan. I'll measure as soon as I get my coupe back
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Coupe and sedan front end is the same size. Go measure it u'll c
                  U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

does anybody know what holes to redrill

Comment

well first of all, sedan and coupe engine bays/front ends are exactly the same.

bustedhonda - the ports on the DSM exhaust manifold line up with the ports on the head, but the mounting stud holes dont. youre going to need to redrill/enlarge all 9 of the mounting holes on the main flange of the manifold to line up with the studs on the motor. once you get that done and the mani fitted, youll see that the turbo housing will hit the front motor mount, youll need to remove the front dogbone mount and its bracket, and grind down part of the engine block where the bolt holes stick out, to get it to fit.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'll post the results up fri when I get my coupe back, it's still in the shop getting the f22b installed. Sorry about the thread jacking too. BustedHonda, what turbo do plan on using, becuase I think the 1st and 2nd gen fit most of the turbo's, but there is a couple that they don't fit.
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

i plan on useing th 14b that cums on the 1st gen. i dont really want a t25 bc its not as good as the 14b i have a dsm that im tryin to get rid of its a 1st gen and the spool up is pretty fast on it.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                            well first of all, sedan and coupe engine bays/front ends are exactly the same.

youre going to need to redrill/enlarge all 9 of the mounting holes on the main flange of the manifold to line up with the studs on the motor.

actually its only 3 or 4 of them.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

accord r33 u did the turbo on ur car didnt u?

Comment

Working...
                              X