Help! new head for F22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! new head for F22a6

Hey all. Have a question and I'm not sure if anyone here has delt with this product at all... I'm looking at purchasing a new head for my F22A6, because I want to get more power from my F platform, don't want to drop 2 large on an H, and because my current head has a bit of oil consumption (nothing serious, I think it's the valve guides worn due to lack of back pressure).

The product(s) I'm looking to purchase is as follows:
    Bullfrog head (brand new)
    Skunk2 Stage 2 cam, with an AEM cam gear. Wondering if anyone has used any of these products at all previously, and if so, how were they?

id get a skunk2 cam gear also aem only has 3 lockdown bolts if they some loose you will need to buy new valves. maybe pistons if you do enough damage

Comment

Originally posted by bshshondaman06
      id get a skunk2 cam gear also aem only has 3 lockdown bolts if they some loose you will need to buy new valves. maybe pistons if you do enough damage
      how many lockdown bolts are on the stock cam gear, 4? I can't imagine it coming off if torqued down properly, there should be enough centrifugal force to hold that constantly I would think...

Comment

yea i doubt they will come off. just torque them down correctly. are you buying a head that is already built?
        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

ive just heard a horror story but i think that it wasnt torqued down though

Comment

it looks like that bull frog haed also comes with a cam. im sure if you call them they might have a more aggressive cam to match the skunk 2

Comment

Yeah, this is a Bullfrog head that someone bought to build a 90 EX, then sold it... the head originally bought for $1650, and the skunk2 cam another $300... I'm getting it for about $720, with the AEM cam gear as well as a full gasket kit (including shipping from US to Canada).

Comment

fyi, skunk2 doesn't make a cam for the a6 motor ..unless i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure they don't
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

yea skunk2 never made a cam for the f22's.
                  92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                    fyi, skunk2 doesn't make a cam for the a6 motor ..unless i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure they don't
                    *shrugs* apparently I was misinformed... The guy clarified, it's a gude came. All I care about really is the brand new head. It's going to save me from having to get mine ripped apart and the guides drilled out.
                    Last edited by 92Accord EX-R; 12-24-2004, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X