F22B ps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B ps

Don't tell me to search. I did. And this is what I got. I want ps on my jdm F22B, but currently my ps wont fit. So heres what I searched that you can do, WHich one of these is right or the best? And what serpentine belt did you use?

1. Use f22a pump and bracket, but only use 2 of the 3 mounting points, and use some washers or spacers on the bottom bolt.

2. Use an h23 ps pump and bracket.

Which one works. I doing it tomorrow so I need help asap. THanks. And for my clarification, the h23 came in 92-96 usdm preludes?
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Originally posted by 92ex
    Which one works.?

Both...

RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Thanks, so I'll just only do two mounting bolts on the bracket. Cause it had problems clearing the hood. But is there going to be any slack in the serpentine belt? And what belt would I use If there was slack? All help is appreciated, cause I am going to the shop in 9 hours from this post. And what's with the
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I am fixing the ps right now, but now my tps is broken. I am currently doing a search so don't flame, but what tps did you guys use on the f22b, and where can I get one?

If you have done this swap, did you notice a crazy difference in the clutch engagement? Cause mine is really weird...
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

mine engages really low like let it out 1/4 of the way out.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I am fixing the ps right now, but now my tps is broken. I am currently doing a search so don't flame, but what tps did you guys use on the f22b, and where can I get one?

If you have done this swap, did you notice a crazy difference in the clutch engagement? Cause mine is really weird...
            i still have the tps sensor that came with my f22b ..PM if ur interested. about your clutch, check your clutch fluid, or even adjust the pedal height. btw, are you using a new clutch/flywheel? or did you keep the old setup?
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I am running exedy organic racing clutch(had it for 3000 miles now), stock flywheel, and f22a6 tranny. Transmission fluid has just been replaced. I dunno, it might have a little to do with the broken tps, but will see. Plus I have to put some high octane in it soon, I'm running 87 right now, not good. But from the way it was working, it had some nice pull, I can't wait to get it working right.

Now I know the h23 throttle body fits the f22b, But can the ff2a6 tb fit, and can a h22 tb fit? I have the f22a6 motor, but it's still at the shop. Just trying to save some money and hassle by using parts i already have.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Now I know the h23 throttle body fits the f22b, But can the ff2a6 tb fit, and can a h22 tb fit? I have the f22a6 motor, but it's still at the shop. Just trying to save some money and hassle by using parts i already have.
                H23/H22 = yes
                F22Ax = no

I though the F22Ax tb would fit on the F22B, but I tried it the other day and no go...

Jay
                Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

you were just the person I hoped would give me a reply, you posted in another thread that for your ps pump you used the f22b pump and bracket, and unioned the f22b/f22ax high pressure lines together. What happens when you don't have any lines coming off the f22b pump? How do you do it, or don't you?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

If you dont have the high pressure line from the F22B, you could get one off an H23 pump, but if you cant get ahold of a F22B/H23 line then your basically gonna have to use the accord pump...

Also, I used my F22A1 TPS sensor...if yours is bad, buy Primos'-I can vouch for him-great seller.

Jay

Comment

damn, I thought it come down to that. But my dad is a ingenious mechanic, so were gonna tap the ps pump, and run pipe and connect it to the high pressure line. He's doing that, I am taking care of the tps. My f22a6 tps is fine, but the shop said that it wouldn't fit on the f22b tb... I would buy it from him, but I HAVE to have my car running 100% by next monday. SO it's a matter of time. I'll probably end up buying an h23 tb w/ the tps.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

My f22a6 tps is fine, but the shop said that it wouldn't fit on the f22b tb...
                        Humm...thats odd ...because I used my old F22ax sensor on my F22B throttle body and it fits and works just fine. Maybe their just too lazy to "remove" the riveted screws holding it on...

Jay

Comment

i don't understand why so many people have problems w/ f22b ps. i run ps using ALL my f22a1 stuff. but i also have an internal coil dizzy too. the rest i've seen is external.
                          hmmm. don't know. maybe an older motor.

Comment

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                            Humm...thats odd ...because I used my old F22ax sensor on my F22B throttle body and it fits and works just fine. Maybe their just too lazy to "remove" the riveted screws holding it on...

Jay
                            yeah seem odd, they may not want to work on it or want more $$ just 'cause it's an "unusual" job.

Comment

All obd1 tps sensors from honda are the same, they prob just didnt want to calibrate it.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X