F22b Swap Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b Swap Questions

ok sorry i searched but cant find too much detailed info.

im swaping in a f22b dohc into my 91 ex.

is it possible to use the f22a4 dizzy? the f22b didnt come with it and i cant find one right now. also can i use my a4 fuel rail or do i need to extendthe fuel hose? ill be using uberdata and a p06 for fuel management. what do need to control the secondary butterfly i think its called th iab's since it looks like thats connected to the egr and with the p06 the egr is non functional. ? help

No you cant use the a4 dizzy, you need a h23 or h22 distributor.

You can use and i suggest you use the A4 fuel rail.

and if you f22b didnt come with AIB block box i can sell you mine of my h22, i wont be needing them.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut

and if you f22b didnt come with AIB block box i can sell you mine of my h22, i wont be needing them.
      do you have apic of this? i have no idea what that is?

Comment

i dont but i can tell you its complete, its number 25, if you are really interested, i can get it on friday. I have that day off and i can run out to my parents house and get it.

Comment

about the iabs, you can either get the "black box" from phatdoughnut to operate the iabs, or just run a vaccum line from the iab actuator to the intake manifold and that will work too; oh yeah, the iabs are not connected to the egr valve and you don't have to worry about the egr being non-functional unless you live in a state with strice emissions; if you know a shop(s) that will pass you anyway, even better.
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I had mine hooked up to a vacuum, but it was closed all the time? i think anyways. so then i unplugged them so they would stay on.

Comment

RENR..you want the IABS to be functional. Don't leave them open all the time, you will be hurting yourself more than helping. Buy the black box from phat....

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
                RENR..you want the IABS to be functional. Don't leave them open all the time, you will be hurting yourself more than helping. Buy the black box from phat....
                tru, but im pretty sure his p06 ecu doesn't have iab controls. so the black box would be useless considering it needs an ecu to work with the solenoid on the box to open and close the iabs. so even if he plugs the iab actuator to a vaccum line from the intake manifold, it'll open and close according to the amount of vaccum it takes.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                  tru, but im pretty sure his p06 ecu doesn't have iab controls. so the black box would be useless considering it needs an ecu to work with the solenoid on the box to open and close the iabs. so even if he plugs the iab actuator to a vaccum line from the intake manifold, it'll open and close according to the amount of vaccum it takes.

Comment

ooo good info guys. im going go be boosting it also so im hoping if i just hoook up the iab vaccum line to the intake under boost they should be open also right??

oh and one more thing, the oil pans swap right over right??

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                      I have the f22b installed, and I am going to use a p06 along with uberdata(whenever I install my turbo). What am I supposed to do if the p06 can't control the iab?
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

bump! help

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          I have the f22b installed, and I am going to use a p06 along with uberdata(whenever I install my turbo). What am I supposed to do if the p06 can't control the iab?
                          from the iab actuator, you can run a vac line to any of the brass vaccum stems usually located on the back of the intake manifold; this will open and close the iabs
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

and the finished product!! 15.1 at 6psi on street tires yO

sorry about the double post, just thougt it would be fitting!

oh and i just ended up hooking up the butterfly valve to a vaccuukm source on the intake. no bogs so i m just gona leave it like that
                            Last edited by RENR; 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

If your iab is connected to any vacuum on your intake it will remain closed on na engines. If you are boosting it will open around 1-2 psi. If i was in your situation i would leave it unpluged and it will always be open. With it always open you run lean until about 4 or 5 grand. With the black box the iab opens around 6300.

Comment

Working...
                              X