h22 swap not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swap not starting

Hey everyone, I just finished my h22a1 swap, used my 92 accord wiring harness wired up everything correctly, now it won't start... It turns over and wants to but won't, I changed the distributor, and am now out of ideas. Please help this is my main transportation!!!

Originally posted by BrokenAccord View Post
    Hey everyone, I just finished my h22a1 swap, used my 92 accord wiring harness wired up everything correctly, now it won't start... It turns over and wants to but won't, I changed the distributor, and am now out of ideas. Please help this is my main transportation!!!
    Thermostat ground.......

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      Thermostat ground.......
      do you have pics of the grounds in the engine bay for the h22... PLEASE!!!!

Comment

do you have pics of the grounds in the engine bay for the h22... PLEASE!!!!
        Just look at the theromo housing ... Is there a ground there...? If not find the ring terminal and bolt it on..

Comment

Just look at the theromo housing ... Is there a ground there...? If not find the ring terminal and bolt it on..
          are these things that are easy to find, sorry, this is really frustrating to me. Where and what is the ring terminal??

Comment

are these things that are easy to find, sorry, this is really frustrating to me. Where and what is the ring terminal??
            You put this in?

Look at the themostat housing... Low on the housing ...If there is no wiring on the ten mm bolt then it is not going to start/ run right... The harness is only go long so look around...

A ring terminal is a terminal that looks like a ring...

Comment

You put this in?

Look at the themostat housing... Low on the housing ...If there is no wiring on the ten mm bolt then it is not going to start/ run right... The harness is only go long so look around...

A ring terminal is a terminal that looks like a ring...
              i had a friend who did most of the work

Comment

i had a friend who did most of the work
                Its easy to overlook but will cause problems....

Comment

awesome! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for the help!

Comment

Its easy to overlook but will cause problems....
                    BTW, you have been repp'd

Comment

BTW, you have been repp'd
                      New plugs, new wires, new distributor, all grounds checked. Still no spark, what's causing this

Comment

Dizzy

You mentioned that you switched the dizzy.

Did switch internal / external distributer?

If so this could be your problem. There is help in the swap guide about what to do if you did do this. It just requires a fuse shoved into a connection.

If you don't know what you did dizzy wise. Find out what distributer you were running before the swap, and what one you put in.

Regards.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I also should mention, when looking at the motor tonight, I noticed a plug coming from the bottom of the timing cover, almost from the crankcase.. it's not plugged in, I don't have a plug for it. what is it and how can I wire it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                            You mentioned that you switched the dizzy.

Did switch internal / external distributer?

If so this could be your problem. There is help in the swap guide about what to do if you did do this. It just requires a fuse shoved into a connection.

If you don't know what you did dizzy wise. Find out what distributer you were running before the swap, and what one you put in.

Regards.

Ghetto, thanks for that, I know I have an external coil dizzy and I do have the external coil.

I am really stumped and need to get this car running

Comment

any CEL

First of all I need to ask if you have any CEL's

Also how many wires are on this plug, what color, and where does the plug come from wiring harness wise. I cannot think of any wires that come from the lower timing cover.

Only ones near there are knock sensor, oil pressure sensor, and a pressure sensor for power steering.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X