Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES! the H23 head does fit on the F22ax block..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
    Just finished putting one together for someone else. He brought me the parts, and I put it together out of the kindness of my heart. Did it just like the guide said and it looks like it'll run :P. Don't know how long it'll last though. He brought me a Fail-Pro head gasket, and wanted me to reuse his old H23 timing belt. Oh well. Another G23 is born (A6 bottom end, that may or may not have 285k on it)

Oh yeah. What are you guys doing about knock sensors? The P14 ECU's gonna be looking for one
    that guy's stupid, a new timing belt is 15 dollars.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Oh, trust me, if it was my motor, it wouldn't be nearly as ghetto. I told him what I recommended, but he said just use the old timing belt, so I did. I just build 'em, and when it breaks again, I'll build it again :P
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
        Oh, trust me, if it was my motor, it wouldn't be nearly as ghetto. I told him what I recommended, but he said just use the old timing belt, so I did. I just build 'em, and when it breaks again, I'll build it again :P
        yea, just hope they pay you.

i R&R a buddy's clutch and it turned out we needed to shim the flywheel and now im doing it a 2nd time and he aint paying me shit so im taking my time.

the greatest thing is that i dont finish it in 2 days, his dad is gonna have it towed out of his garage

not my problem.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Did you tell him that the flywheel may need shimmed and he said fuck it or did neither of you know. I would have told the dude if he wanted a warranty he should have taken it to Meinike. haha
          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

is that the only blind oil hole u have to hondabond in the head? im goin to try this swap hopefully next week. thanks a lot for the info man. really helpful. is there anything i need to know while doin this swap?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

How about a couple of beers..and I help u do it?? (Since im locally and all haha)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
                  How about a couple of beers..and I help u do it?? (Since im locally and all haha)
                  o shit, i didnt even see that u live here. ya bro most def. we can do that and knock a couple back. i bought the IM mani yesterday and hopefully im gettin the head next week.

Comment

ok I have heard this for so long but never followed thru with it.. I have the f20a sohc will there be any issues compared?? I mean my f20a now runs so hard cb's with h's dont pull on me that hard...then agian maybe its drivers I duno... but neverthaless I will be doin this asap maybe even today.. so any info as far as the f20a sohc would be greatly appreciated... thanx

Comment

its all the same, the list for everything is still the same. since the block and head is pretty much the same as the f22 anyways.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316 View Post
                        its all the same, the list for everything is still the same. since the block and head is pretty much the same as the f22 anyways.
                        yeah this is what I thaught but I just dont wana lose anythjing which I doubt I will but my lil f20a runs hard!! lol but I am just ready for the dohc world lmao... also I could put an h23 vtec valve cover as well as h22 valve cover right?

Comment

h22 valve covers are not the same as h23.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

hhhmmm well I might just have to get the h23 vtec valve cover cause I dont like the stock h23 valve cover

Comment

the h23 vtec v/c is teh same as teh h22. they wont work.

Comment

damn i dont like how the stock valve cover looks! its kinda looks like an ls.... but matbe i could do somthing to it

Comment

Working...
                                X