k20 tranny on H22a?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k20 tranny on H22a?

will the K20 6 speed tranny bolt up to the H22a? that would rock having a 6 speed H22a lol
    H22a swap
    18 speaker audio system
    Tokico Illumina susp. kit
    Motegi FF5 17`s
    VIS racing CF Techno R spoiler

I believe it wont bolt up, but it is always a possibility to have a 6spd h22. You might be able to use an adapter plate so it will mount up. But it is highly doubtful that it will work because the k series engines are completely backwards from normal Honda engines, and i believe the transmission is on the opposite side. Think it would be possible to just add new gears?
    Accords are the bestest!

Comment

Originally posted by BaGGed>HoNDa
      I believe it wont bolt up, but it is always a possibility to have a 6spd h22. You might be able to use an adapter plate so it will mount up. But it is highly doubtful that it will work because the k series engines are completely backwards from normal Honda engines, and i believe the transmission is on the opposite side. Think it would be possible to just add new gears?
      if im not mistaken...this was being kicked around before, but from what i understood...there is no room in the trans case for a sixth gear......

Comment

the only way those 6 gears would work is if you had a K motor in your car.
        AFAIK even with a adapter plate the K tranny and H/F motor won't work becuase you'll have 6 reverse gears and one forword gear
        I think the place where the ales go would be on the wrong side of the tranny as well.
        so pretty much however you look at it it won't work.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
          the only way those 6 gears would work is if you had a K motor in your car.
          AFAIK even with a adapter plate the K tranny and H/F motor won't work becuase you'll have 6 reverse gears and one forword gear
          I think the place where the ales go would be on the wrong side of the tranny as well.
          so pretty much however you look at it it won't work.
          ^^word^^

forgot about that......

Comment

Not to intrude on this post, so if I am, sry... but how difficult is it to drop in the k20 engine into the cb7? Cuz if my grades are good, my parents will pay for half of the engine price. And it would be amazing to drop in the k20.
            my 91 cb7
            Originally posted by 4doorfury
            I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

The H22 is alot eaiser. all you'd have to do is run a couple new wires. and the motor should basicly drop right in.

The K20 would require custum mounts, OBD2 conversion (sinde the K sieries are OBD2 only) and alot of custum wireing. possably even a new gadge cluster from another car (that might make that part of the job a little eaiser).
              ~~~~~~~

Comment

woah theres no way in hell you can make a k trany work on a h22. shitballs no way.

for the money youll spend on a k swap you could built up a h22 for turbo.

Comment

You might be able to bolt up the tranny, but it'll be where your radiator should be, and unless you want to shift while sitting on your front crossmember i'd stick to the 5spd.

Comment

Working...
                  X