Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Question

Hey,
    At this time you can do the necessary wiring changes. Cut open the transmission wiring harness. Cut off both counter shaft speed sensor connectors, the torque lock-up connector, and up/down shift connector. Leave the torque lock-up wires (yellow and green/black) exposed and re-tape the harness. These wires will be hooked up to the reverse light switch on the transmission later. In the passenger side kick panel, seperate the red/white and white/black wires from the connector that went to the Transmission Control Module. Extend these wires to the auto shifter harness and hook them to the yellow and green/black wires. Connect the red/white wire to the yellow and the white/black wire to the green/black for the reverse lights. Re-install passenger side kick panel. Unplug both clutch switch connectors from the assembly. Connect both solid black wires together, extend them and connect to the black wire in the shifter harness. Extend the black/pink wire and connect to the pink wire in the shifter harness. Extend the black/green wire to the shifter harness and install a female spade connector to the end of it. Connect this wire to terminal 86 on a 30amp relay. Cut the connector off of the big black/white and black/red wires that are beside the shifter harness. Install a female spade to the end of the black/red wire and hook it to terminal 87 on the relay. Install a female spade to the end of the black/white wire and add a 6 inch section of wire in with it. Connect the black/white wire to terminal 30 on the relay. Install a female spade on the 6 inch section of wire and connect to terminal 85 on the relay. While you have the passenger side disasembled remove the cover plate for the ECU and unbolt and change to the manual ECU, this is straight forward, everything plugs in just as it came out.
    Ok. Could someone try to explain this a little better? I know the idea is to tell the computer that the car is in "park" to get the car started (but i thought the manual ECU would solve this, not accord to steve@HMO), as well as get the reverse lights to work. I'm having a tough time visualizing these process. Does anyone have any more information? Pictures would be great if avail.

Thanks
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

yes! pleas some one help us im doing it as we speek and im also having trouble visualising it, specially the part where it says connect the white and black wire to the green? theres no white and black in my harnes!!!!? theres a white and blue and a white and brown! also thats at the very end of the harnes were the plugs which goes into the tcm is. i got my clutch pedal from a 92 ex abs does it matter cuz the wires are also a diff color instead of 2 black wire in the switches i got 1 blak and 1 blue and red.! ppppppppppllllllleeeaaaassseee some one post pics.
    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

oof... lol... i know how to do it. lemme think it thru in my head and type it up...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ok here you go. that guide has the right idea but the wire colors are totally not the same as mine, so i figured it out on my own.

First, you know the reverse switch on top of the tranny, it has two wires, green/black and yellow? one of the extra unused plugs that went to the auto tranny should have two wires that are the same color, splice the wires from the reverse switch to the wires of that plug. what this is is basically reusing the unused stock auto tranny wiring so you dont need to run your own wires thru the firewall.

the other end of those two wires, the yellow and green/black, end at the TCU plug pictured below.

now, cut those two wires and add two lengths of wire to them, and run them over toward the big grey plug that used to be attached to the auto shifter. they will be spliced to the wires of matching color, which you can see in the picture below. making this connection from the top of the tranny, thru the stock harness, to the TCU connector, to the shifter connector is what makes the reverse lights work when u shift into reverse.

also in the picture above, the two wires facing down are spliced together, the black and the green/white. this tricks the car into thinking that the shifter is set to Park, letting you take the keys out of the ignition when you turn the car off.

The last part is the neutral safety switch, which makes it so you cant start the car unless the clutch pedal is pressed all the way down... i dont have time to explain how to hook up the relay right now, but there is a way to trick it, so you can start the car at any time, just BE CAREFUL- do NOT start the car unless the shifter or clutch pedal are in neutral!! to do this bypass (which is necessary) just connect the two heaviest wires together, the ones that went to the brown two-pin plug. thats it. on mine, they were both black with a white stripe. just be aware that with this bypassed, the car technically shouldnt pass inspection! so when i get more time to explain the relay setup, make sure you finish it up the CORRECT way.
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-21-2014, 12:27 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

A hiii-hooo to mike. u r a f**ing genius my man. u planning on moving to florida anytime soon.??j/k lol.
          I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

yes for some reason I guess the original poster had different wire colors, when my friend and I converted his car we noticed this, then I asked mike for help my friends car still has no reverse lights
            HSHO #3

Comment

Thanks Mike. You're the shit =D

edit:
              I will be looking forward to the "correct" way of wiring the nuetral trick.

Thanks again.
              Last edited by TheTempest; 02-03-2005, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Okay Mike I have a question for you or anyone else who can answer. I was looking at both the plugs to try and figure out how to wire this. You mention a Green/Black wire...but on both my plugs (the one that connects to the shifter and the one that connects to the TCU), there are 2 green/black wires. Which one do I splice? Or do I splice both of them?
                ProjectParty.net
                Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

BUMP because I NEED to know
                  ProjectParty.net

CLUB 1320

Comment

Hey jonny, I figured it out man. Check out mike's picture. See the two wires that are CUT. Those are the wires you have to splice into. They should be in the corner of the TCU plug. I used the red wires that were adjacent (catacorner) as markers so I knew I had the right plug. If you still have any questions, let me know, i'd like to help you out.

Comment

Yeah, I talked to Mike and hey explained it better to me. I'm slackin on my pimpin when it comes to updating my threads. Thanks for the answer though, maybe it will help someone else.
                      ProjectParty.net

CLUB 1320

Comment

so basicly the two big wires you said to put together to make it start i can just put a relay on and use the switch on the clutch pedal to open and close that relay.... hmm ill giver a shoot
                        . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                        WiredMotorSports
                        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Hi all! Im currently working on this shifter wiring and I'm wondering, after splicing and connecting the two black wires for the starter, the two wires for the PARK signal and the green/black and yellow for the back up light, what do I do with the rest of the wires that goes to the 'auto shifter'? do I splice and connect it all together or just tape it individually? ( I couldn't figure it out in one of the pictures posted above) Also I'm getting D4 flash code number 2, 7 and 8. 7 and 8 codes means "shift solenoid A and B short or not connected" why am i still getting that code? shouldn't the mod in this thread by pass the shift solenoid?
                          Sky rockets in flight..... afternoon deeeelight!!

Comment

all the other wires you leave disconnected... and youre getting the D4 flashing (TCU codes) because you left your TCU (transmission computer) connected, it turns on and starts looking for the auto tranny and freaks out. the tranny computer is the smaller box to the right of the ECU, its a few 10mm's to get it out. disconnect it and toss it!

Current cars:

Comment

Hey According2Me did you ever get your wiring done? I have a lot of pics i can post or send to you, but not if you already got it figured out.

-Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X