Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No VTEC and a bad MAP sensor?

So i recently bought another cb7.
    The previous owner had swapped a jdm h22a into it.
    Also with a jdm p13 ecu.
    It came with a few problems.
    The CEL has been on, i ran the codes and they came up as a MAP sensor code and a VTEC spool solenoid valve code.

The symptoms i have been experiencing:
    -no vtec (from what i can here)
    -6500 rpm rev limit.
    -car dies if i start it and dont rev it up immediately.
    -car struggles a little while the rpms are under like 2000.
    -when reved up the rpms drop REALLY low (almost dies but recovers)

I changed the oil a few days ago, with no difference.

I have taken a few pictures of some things that kinda concern me and might be the cause of my problems.

It is wired for vtec from what i can see (not the safest thing with house wiring connectors, i plan on soldering everything soon lol)

I followed the three wires back to the ecu and this is what they look like.
    For some reason the dark green one is running into this extra harness with the black connector on the end. Does anyone know what that is for? Maybe that is why my vtec isnt engaging? The light purple one is running to a little green/yellow wire that goes to the ecu. And the see through dark purple one doesnt run to anything.

And im not sure why but it has the stock accord map sensor.
    It also looks like it has a stock accord throttle body as well.
    Is this why im getting the map sensor code?

And yes i have been searching and searching and havent found much that could help.
    So i would really appreciate it if someone could help.
    Please and thank you lol.
    Last edited by FamousFreak; 08-24-2010, 06:23 PM.
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Can anyone give me some help?
    Sorry to rush its just an annoying problem lol.
    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
    1992 Accord Lx.
    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Do i need to take some other, more descriptive pictures?
      Im trying to get this thread going so i can receive some answers lol!
      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
      1992 Accord Lx.
      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

me i kno sum about the vtec.the only suggestion i can make for u is to get rid of all the wireing he did and do it ur self.as for u r map u probably need a new one. from what i can see its hooked up right its just bad.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
          me i kno sum about the vtec.the only suggestion i can make for u is to get rid of all the wireing he did and do it ur self.as for u r map u probably need a new one. from what i can see its hooked up right its just bad.
          That's kinda what I was thinking about the wiring lol, its a little sketchy/halfassed lol.
          But what I wanna know is if I replace the map sensor will it pass at the refferee like that? I thought that when swapping in an h22 you swap it with a prelude map sensor? Correct me if I'm wrong please lol.
          STUFF FOR SALE!!!
          1992 Accord Lx.
          1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
            That's kinda what I was thinking about the wiring lol, its a little sketchy/halfassed lol.
            But what I wanna know is if I replace the map sensor will it pass at the refferee like that? I thought that when swapping in an h22 you swap it with a prelude map sensor? Correct me if I'm wrong please lol.
            u could use what ever u want either accord or prelude it dosent matter.yeah it will pass.but they wont let u pass unless u fix the check engine light.if i were u i would have done the wire issuse from the start.

my new turbo build

Comment

u could use what ever u want either accord or prelude it dosent matter.yeah it will pass.but they wont let u pass unless u fix the check engine light.if i were u i would have done the wire issuse from the start.
              Haha well I have only had it for about 2 weeks, if that. And that's what I'm trying to do is fix the main problems so I can get take it to the refferee without any bullshit to worry about lol. But thanks for answering my map sensor questions. Now alls I have to do is fix the vtec wiring. Oh and should I get a usdm ecu, or will it pass with the jdm p13?
              STUFF FOR SALE!!!
              1992 Accord Lx.
              1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
                Haha well I have only had it for about 2 weeks, if that. And that's what I'm trying to do is fix the main problems so I can get take it to the refferee without any bullshit to worry about lol. But thanks for answering my map sensor questions. Now alls I have to do is fix the vtec wiring. Oh and should I get a usdm ecu, or will it pass with the jdm p13?
                in order to pass u would need the usdm ecu..but u would need to wire up a egr valve.cause japan does not have emissions testing.but as for wireing the vtec a new.theres the h22 swap thread that shows u how to do it right.

my new turbo build

Comment

in order to pass u would need the usdm ecu..but u would need to wire up a egr valve.cause japan does not have emissions testing.but as for wireing the vtec a new.theres the h22 swap thread that shows u how to do it right.
                  Okay that answers a lot of my questions lol. Thanks for the help.
                  But as for my vtec id like to get that going asap
                  Other than that I think I'm good for now.
                  Maybe someone else can tell me what that extra harness thing is?
                  Could it be a programmer plug in or controler thing lol?
                  I'm pretty clueless about it.
                  STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                  1992 Accord Lx.
                  1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

That subharness is for a Piggy back.. usually a SAFC or VAFC..find a obd1 ecu diagram off google.. and look for the vtec pinouts of the ecu

(A4) and (D6)

make sure there ran ONLY from ecu to your vtec wiring(3 wires coming from engine bay)

because if the car had an apexi before

the vtec/map wiring goes like this

ecu-------subharness----apexi-----motor

so now that apexi is gone.. your wiring is incomplete..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                    X