Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please!! Axles Different For Jdm H22a W/ Lsd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please!! Axles Different For Jdm H22a W/ Lsd?

first of all, thanks to autozone for actually stocking every single part i need...second, the guy that is giving me a discount for buying so much from them had an mr2 w/ lsd and jdm engine and he said on his the spline was diff so he had to get a diff. axle...the problem is, when i look on the back of my engine, there's a long shaft coming out of the tranny into a "holder" mount for the axle, then there is an exposed double step, which i assume is for the ring to snap into, or is this just half an axle that needs to be pulled and replaced? pics would help, but just letting me know which axles to buy will work...i thought u just used the 92 accord axles? i dunno what to do w/ this axle deal comin outta the tranny though...oh, and btw, starting the swap today!!!!
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

How about YOU post pics cuz I have no Idea what you're talking about
    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

USE YOUR ACCORD AXELS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! it doesnt make a difference if you have lsd or not.....
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
        USE YOUR ACCORD AXELS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! it doesnt make a difference if you have lsd or not.....
        ditto, and i think you are talking about the half shaft precher. goes half shaft, bolts up to the motor with 3 bolts i think then the axle goes into that.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

well this long shaft coming out has a male end, and the axles have two male ends! dunno what to do there
          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

talked to someone...so i remove that shaft and bracket, plug the accord one in, and i'm good to go, right?
            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

you have a prelude half shaft it is suppost to be stronger than the accord halfshaft you can use the prelude drivers side axle and halfshaft or switch out both and use the accord peices and hope they hold up under the pounding
              Out in the driveway building something

Comment

If you are running the h22 lsd trans, i was under the influence that you would need hybrid axles(outer half accord, and inner half prelude) or is that just when you use the prelude intermediate shaft?

Comment

no, dont listen to these guys. you use an accord halfshaft and axel....it wont workt he other way due to the fact that the lude halfshaft has a male adapter and the accord is female!!!!!use the ACCORD AXELS AND HALF SHAFT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
                    no, dont listen to these guys. you use an accord halfshaft and axel....it wont workt he other way due to the fact that the lude halfshaft has a male adapter and the accord is female!!!!!use the ACCORD AXELS AND HALF SHAFT!!!!!!!!
                    Yeah, thats what i meant.... If you have to use the prelude half/intermediate shaft, you have to use a hybrid axle..

Comment

word...didnt mean to come off so harsh, but i didnt wanna see him fuck up 2 perfectly good axels. nah mean?

Comment

okay, so pull the accord f22b1 intermed. shaft offa the engine, and buy two accord axles, right? not recommended to buy accord pass. side and lude drivers...is this correct?
                        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

im in the same boat as you man im doing my swap soon. but i think about your last question its all about fitament. the prelude half shaft w/ prelude drivers side and accord passenger will be too long?...hard to say without them in front of me but thats what i think.

Comment

if your car is a 5speed just use all of ur accord stuff(intermediate shaft and both accord axles) . if ur car is an auto and ur converting it to a 5speed and ur using an accord intermediate shaft, then u can buy and accord driver's side axle and use your auto passenger side one( if it's in good condition). hope that helps.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^a voice of reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X