X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm H22 Minor Problems

Did a jdm h22a swap in my 90 dx.
    Using a jdm p13.
    used f22a1 wire harness, only extended, temp sensor wires.
    Answer 1 or all pleas and thank you
    1) First question is
    What are the specs with the throttle position sensor? ohm volts.
    (im using specs close to f22 specs)
    also when testing the TPS wire coming from the harness, you are suppose to get a voltage from the outer wires, i get no voltage
    the green and white wire (ground) has continuity to the negative terminal.
    and then i used a volt meter to the yellow and white wire (voltage feed) and and to the POSITIVE and i get a voltage
    is that normal? car runs fine, needs a slight adjustment thoe.. any ideas?

2) i have a CEL for o2 heater code 41, no cut wires, and i checked ohms and voltage on all connections and everythings ok even bought a new NTK sensor today, and still have the o2 code.. i tried other ways to bypass, cant get rid of code,

im not getting a p28 till nxt spring, i want to get hondata, but i rather have a motor running without any cels for now.

any ideas or comments id appreciate it. if you dont understand my problems just ask. thanks

heres something i left out, car was automatic, so i have a automatic car harness, i used a manuel engine harness on the h22, what i had to do was cut two plugs that plug in on each side of the engine bay, the one with the o2 sensor, i didnt cut the o2 wires, beside the ground wire (cuz it was tide into other ground), so the o2 has a straight connection.

is there something that the automatic engine harness sends something back to the ecu that the manuel engine harness wont?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord View Post
      Did a jdm h22a swap in my 90 dx.
      Using a jdm p13.
      used f22a1 wire harness, only extended, temp sensor wires.
      Answer 1 or all pleas and thank you
      1) First question is
      What are the specs with the throttle position sensor? ohm volts.
      (im using specs close to f22 specs)
      also when testing the TPS wire coming from the harness, you are suppose to get a voltage from the outer wires, i get no voltage
      the green and white wire (ground) has continuity to the negative terminal.
      and then i used a volt meter to the yellow and white wire (voltage feed) and and to the POSITIVE and i get a voltage
      is that normal? car runs fine, needs a slight adjustment thoe.. any ideas?

2) i have a CEL for o2 heater code 41, no cut wires, and i checked ohms and voltage on all connections and everythings ok even bought a new NTK sensor today, and still have the o2 code.. i tried other ways to bypass, cant get rid of code,

im not getting a p28 till nxt spring, i want to get hondata, but i rather have a motor running without any cels for now.

any ideas or comments id appreciate it. if you dont understand my problems just ask. thanks
      For the o2 sensor make sure its a legitmate o2 sensor. Make sure the pins are not pushed in or any broken/loose connections. Personally im not sure how restrictive the car is but I would get a bosch sensor.

I know on my srt and evo they are case sensitive to what o2 sensors are used as a replacement. Not too sure on the voltage.5 at idle and 4.5 at wot dont quote me on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        For the o2 sensor make sure its a legitmate o2 sensor. Make sure the pins are not pushed in or any broken/loose connections. Personally im not sure how restrictive the car is but I would get a bosch sensor.

I know on my srt and evo they are case sensitive to what o2 sensors are used as a replacement. Not too sure on the voltage.5 at idle and 4.5 at wot dont quote me on that though.
        thats were my voltage is around^^^

Checked the connections, everythings good, nothing broken or loose, i examined the inside of the connectors and both looked great, ntk is japanese so japanese car+japanese o2.. and everyones telling me not to get bosch for honda, i also made a dummy holder so the o2 doesnt see carbon monoxide and no restriction. also tried a denso plug and still have code.

thanks for your input

Comment

Also made this holder so the o2 heats up at a higher temp, and also doesnt see carbon monoxide, and still CEL
          [IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by Bryans 90accord; 08-25-2012, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Also made this holder so the o2 heats up at a higher temp, and also doesnt see carbon monoxide, and still CEL
            [IMG][/IMG]
            To be honest with you that idea where you put it in that location looks really cool, but to be honest with you I think honestly that the main reason why its giving you that code is because it belongs in the exhaust.

You see this has to actually give an accurate reading in its proper location. If you do not have a spot to place it in the exhaust just take the exhaust off and weld a bung in for the o2 sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              To be honest with you that idea where you put it in that location looks really cool, but to be honest with you I think honestly that the main reason why its giving you that code is because it belongs in the exhaust.

You see this has to actually give an accurate reading in its proper location. If you do not have a spot to place it in the exhaust just take the exhaust off and weld a bung in for the o2 sensor.
              you think? or you know?
              because i had the code before, and i swapped the o2 in the exhaust and checked all the wiring specs and everything was ok,
              and the o2 sensor reads perfect air fuel ratios when there is less air, the o2 is just to help with emissions and fuel economy.. in that little container is clean air tripping the computer to run perfect.

Comment

you think? or you know?
                because i had the code before, and i swapped the o2 in the exhaust and checked all the wiring specs and everything was ok,
                and the o2 sensor reads perfect air fuel ratios when there is less air, the o2 is just to help with emissions and fuel economy.. in that little container is clean air tripping the computer to run perfect.
                I KNOW that the O2 sensor MUST be in the header to get a reading. Mounting it where you have it mounted will probably have you running extremely rich. Put the sensor back where it belongs and reset the ECU.
                Last edited by dj_ender; 08-26-2012, 02:33 AM.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

why does is have to be in the header? its has the h22 exhaust with the o2 on the downpipe. i put a plug in it and cars running perfectly fine, getting great gas mileage and i just dont like the light, so i dont believe my car is running rich at all.

Comment

why does is have to be in the header? its has the h22 exhaust with the o2 on the downpipe. i put a plug in it and cars running perfectly fine, getting great gas mileage and i just dont like the light, so i dont believe my car is running rich at all.
                    The o2 sensor reads the AFR(air/fuel ratio) and it can't read the mixture if there's fuel to read. In order for the o2 sensor to do its job, it needs to be mounted in the header so it can read the AFR.

Comment

why are some located in the downpipe below the oil filter? wouldnt the ecu know the o2 is in the down pipe?
                      and isnt it reading nothing will give it a steady ratio? i dont know that much thats y im asking
                      my cars running fine, so i havnt had a problem yet. would i notice if i didnt have the right ratio?
                      car pulls hard, and i get good gas milage, also running 91 93
                      does not smoke or burn oil.

Comment

why are some located in the downpipe below the oil filter? wouldnt the ecu know the o2 is in the down pipe?
                        and isnt it reading nothing will give it a steady ratio? i dont know that much thats y im asking
                        my cars running fine, so i havnt had a problem yet. would i notice if i didnt have the right ratio?
                        wait, what? Do you have 2 o2 sensors installed?

Comment

no only 1, it WAS located in the downpipe right before the flex pipe, i was still getting code 41, that o2 sensor was 2 months old NTK, i replaced it with a brand new NTK, and reseted the ecu, got code 41, then i put a plug in the down pipe, and made a bracket for the o2 sensor, i mounted it on the headers to get the temp up^^..

There is also NO hole in headers for a o2 sensor

Comment

no only 1, it WAS located in the downpipe right before the flex pipe, i was still getting code 41, that o2 sensor was 2 months old NTK, i replaced it with a brand new NTK, and reseted the ecu, got code 41, then i put a plug in the down pipe, and made a bracket for the o2 sensor, i mounted it on the headers to get the temp up^^..

There is also NO hole in headers for a o2 sensor
                            Thats header you only have one header on this car. Headers meaning plural you would have two lets get that out the way before there is any confusion.

It looks like you will have to instal an o2 sensor bung for the header if not you will have to get one that already has the bung in place for it. Not to worry the aftermarket ones are cheap. So unless you still want that code to keep popping up then please change it.

Comment

Why are some located in the downpipe below the oil filter?
                              A:because that is how Honda designed it. I believe in my opinion it was more optimal at that time to place it there so that the car can get a more accurate reading to adjust according to the car.

wouldn't the ecu know the o2 is in the downpipe?
                              A: yes it would that is why it is giving you a code because it is not getting a correct reading

Your car is running fine so not problem yet:\]
                              A: this is a bad outlook unless you change things the right way and place certain sensors and parts in the right spot. If your not careful this could lead to catastrophic engine damage.

Car pulls hard:
                              A: please do not beat your motor into the ground racing on it with things not in place or with a check engine light does damage overtime which will lead to shortening the lifespan of the motor before its time.

Comment

Working...
                              X