97-01 h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97-01 h22

I'm doing my first swap and found a cheap 97-01 h22, so i was wondering about the obd. How hard is it to convert the obd0 to obd2 ? Also is there a diy to convert obd0 to obd2 ? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.Or is it easier to just get a 92-95 h22 and use a obd0 to obd1 jumper ?
    Last edited by rkcb7; 09-17-2012, 10:03 AM.
    Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Lol. You didn't search/research much about OBD conversion.

There's obd2a and obd2b. And you need to convert to OBD1, NOT 0.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
      Lol. You didn't search/research much about OBD conversion.

There's obd2a and obd2b. And you need to convert to OBD1, NOT 0.
      Thanks for laughing but i did mention converting from obd0 to obd1 as the cb is obd0 isn't it ? Maybe i didn't make myself clear, what i'm trying to find out is if i have a h22 out of a 97-01 prelude do i need to convert to obd1 or obd2 ?
      Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Our CB's are OBD1.

92-95 H22's are OBD1.

96-01 H22's are OBD2.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

The methods that will apply to you are the same as the methods given to seemingly hundreds of other people that have posed similars questions previously that you were too lazy to search for.

In short, the OBD2 H22A/F20B/H23A VTEC will work just fine in an OBD1 vehicle. There are ghetto-rigged workarounds to make some of the OBD2 components work but it's much easier and of an OEM-like quality to obtain necessary OBD1 parts.

You'll need (OBD1 parts):
          H22/H23 distributor (USDM if you have a '92-'93, JDM if you have a '90-'91)
          H22A injectors
          H22A upper plenum
          P13 ECU

Use your Accord engine harness and adapt the wiring as necessary. Use the Accord fuel rail on the H22A injectors. You'll either want to use an H22A fuel pressure regulator or get an aftermarket adjustable one.

Again, this information litters the swap section of this site. You just have to actually search for it instead of being lazy.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The OBD2 to OBD1 conversion is VERY well documented on this site.
            You made yourself perfectly clear... that you haven't done a bit of research on your own.

Comment

Working...
            X