No announcement yet.

need some help on choosing an engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going for a full sleeve and rebuild, just get an H22. It's the cheapest and most effective option for your goals.

When it comes to turbo, VTEC isn't as big a deal. You could honestly get the same enjoyment out of a $50 F22A with a full build, and save yourself the cost of buying an H22.

K swaps are expensive. They're great, heavily supported, and potent... but they cost a lot to buy, a lot to install, and I believe there are some ground clearance issues that you may not love.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
      They all can be made to run if you want one get one all are pretty easy swaps and good performers. I've always wanted a F20b, but im keen on singles aswell.

Oh and for the baaaWAAAAAA check out dj_enders and jdm92_accorns beautiful F series notes.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGkpe...layer_embedded
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_83H5G5wFw
      those are f22a?!?!?

that sound! that is EXACTLY what im looking for!

thanks for that. i know where im going now and what im going to do.
      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        If you're going for a full sleeve and rebuild, just get an H22. It's the cheapest and most effective option for your goals.

When it comes to turbo, VTEC isn't as big a deal. You could honestly get the same enjoyment out of a $50 F22A with a full build, and save yourself the cost of buying an H22.

K swaps are expensive. They're great, heavily supported, and potent... but they cost a lot to buy, a lot to install, and I believe there are some ground clearance issues that you may not love.
        hell yea k swaps are expensive! just the mounts, harness, and cv shafts alone are like $1000 no thanks.

i think im going to go F22a because i already have one and as it turns out they sound beautiful.

looks like i know where to turn my attention towards
        visit vgruk

Comment

I've been developing the f22b1 for boost, and, its going to scream.

Contrary to popular belief, the f22b1 isn't a bad engine at all. It gets my vote for lots of reasons.
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

The F22B1 is only a bad engine if you're talking about an all-out N/A build. It won't stack up to the F22A once you've reached Bisimoto horsepower levels. Most of us don't have the funds, knowledge, or need to build an F22B1 beyond its reasonable levels. At that point, it would be an all-out drag engine anyway.
            For turbo, the F22B1 can certainly produce more power than any sane person can effectively use in a street car.

Comment

Working...
            X