obd swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obd swap

Does any one have any info on swapping from OBD II to OBD I or visa versa. I know there is a way to do either or. I Just can't remember for the life of me which one it was. I been looking on google and I have found a few things. But I thought it might be best to ask here as I trust most the information that comes from other CB/Accord heads. Thanks in advance.

Happy
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

That's a pretty broad question. This might be better served with more information about what you're trying to do. If you're trying to convert an OBD-2 engine for use in an OBD-1 car, there steps for that covered all over this site. If you're trying to convert an OBD-1 car into OBD-2, good luck. If you're trying to install an OBD-1 engine into an OBD-2 car and run it as an OBD-1 then you'll need an adapter harness and OBD-1 ECU.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That was pretty vague wasn't it? My apologies on that. Pretty much what I am saying is going from 2 to 1. H22A4 in a CB7. I helping a friend out since he found an engine for a good price.
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Just swapping the motor?
        You can use everything OBD2 you just have to convert it to obd1. Or you can buy obd1 injectors,dizzy.
        Injectors will be a little difficult to find.
        I made a thread in the swap section that goes over the details of my swap.
        I used a 97 JDM h22a it works fine.
        You can use everything from the h22a4 it will just require splicing. Which if you are doing a swap you will be doing anyway.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197288

Steve
        Last edited by Stoner51; 05-22-2013, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X