Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B install 90 Accord EX help please.

JDM F22B install Help !!

1) the Black box under the intake manifold those 2 wires get run where to continue to work? I traced one to the TPS (green/white) and the orange-pink/yellow goes to where??? (A25 pin and A17 pin Respectively)

2) since the 90 Accord wiring harness is used how do you go about using the distributor? It has no internal coil..... I am getting a MSD ignition tommorow in the mail how do I go about wiring it to act as the external coil in this setup? (Red Wire Taps to Blk/Yellow wire off Dizzy and White wire taps to Dark Green Wire off dizzy)

3)Do I use the ECU from the Vehicle it was in or do I use my stock ECU that is in the 90? ( P14 with Knock sensor added to block/ or P39)

4) What engine timing belt and water pump do you ask for to replace the old ones? (h23 belt or B18c5belt / H23 or F22a bring old one to get better match as it differs apperantly)

5) is there anything else I need to know concerning this set-up?
    (Valve cover gasket is same as H23, F22a Seals can be used to replace Mains. You need TWO Cam seals. Use all your old Accord motor mounts and Engine wiring. To keep power steering you need Prelude pump and hoses from 92-94 prelude. OR to use modified Power steering Take your old Accord Pump and bracket shave mount on rear where it interferes. Bolt up two bolts with lower getting 7-8 washers behind bracket. Then use 39' P/S belt. )
    This should help out every one that needed help just like me.

Last edited by SPL KID; 04-26-2005, 09:22 AM.

f22b or f22b1 like u were gonna buy from me? dunno about f22b, but f22b1 u must use the ecu unless ur gonna have urs altered, if it can even be altered that much...
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

It's a JDM F22B DOHC engine non Vtec

Comment

search young grasshopper
        I know these questions have been answered a million times because i was the one asking them.

Comment

Originally posted by CBL
          search young grasshopper
          I know these questions have been answered a million times because i was the one asking them.
          begin hijacking thread:

not to be a douche...but if you knew the answers, why couldnt you just tell him? He said he's already searched but couldnt find everything. I'm by no means advocating answering every little thing every person asks, but if what you replied with is all you're going to say, why bother replying?

:end hijacking thread

Sorry if this counts as "flaming" but oh well.
          Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

ok flamers
            according2me "the car is a 92 EX it has the F22b engine and dizzy... the Q is the wiring is for an external coil... we didnt know how to fix it so the internal coil would work.... but i found out that a 30 amp fuse on the ext. coil plug would just connect the power to the internal coil... later ill worry bout getting a MSD coil and use as an external... reason y i wanted to get the internal working, cause i know someone will ask.. is i did the motor swap and needed it to run and didnt want to rewire an aftermarket at 11 at night.... anyways.. thanks for the info... its runnin great now"

Comment

to anwser all you other questions this tread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=f22b

Comment

thx guys . i still need to find out how to wire a msd up to the external. i got mine today . i got the pulley belts matched up. i will use the accord half shaft. it rained all day so i could do nothing. but i did get all my shipping done. i need to get the tranny code to find out which it is. i want to keep the IAB so where does the wire thats long from the harness go? It's pink/yellow i hear it's (a17) spot on the ecu. is there a wire that is there already that runs to engine harness?
                Last edited by SPL KID; 04-08-2005, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Need help wiring MSD. Engine is not firing up.

Comment

Originally posted by SPL KID
                    Need help wiring MSD. Engine is not firing up.
                    not to be an ass or anything , but if i were you i would try to get the motor running as stock as it can be, so that way you know where the problem is coming from... that's wat i did on my F22b swap and it's running find now..... next week im going to put my MSD on my f22b so i'll see how it works out..
                    =my idea of classic JDM
                    to my car page

Comment

Engine runs fine. I took it out running. It's just the wiring of the MSD i'm having the problem with. Don't know what to do exactly. The system is wired it's the Car wiring part that has me stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by chiaboi_AcCorD
                        not to be an ass or anything , but if i were you i would try to get the motor running as stock as it can be, so that way you know where the problem is coming from... that's wat i did on my F22b swap and it's running find now..... next week im going to put my MSD on my f22b so i'll see how it works out..
                        http://www.nology.com/images/nologyh...conversion.gif

Got mine running now !!! Link is posted to show you how.

Comment

i believe honda tuning magazine did a write up about converting internal to external as well... look in www.hondatuningmagazine.com i think it's under the tech articles section
                          Last edited by brownaznkid; 04-18-2005, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Bump to share the Knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                            X