F22b6 needs new head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22b6 needs new head

I recently purchased a 97 Honda Odyssey with a broken timing belt, the head got pretty chewed up by the cam, so the head has to go. I have been looking into putting a f22b2 head on it to save some time and money. From what I have gathered the exhaust manifold should work but I'm not sure about the intake manifold. I haven't found anything saying that I can yet nothing saying that I can't. I do know there is a difference between the cam and the ecu so I'm assuming that I may have to grab an obd2 f22b2 ecu to compensate for the differences in heads.

I really need to know if the intake manifold is a direct bolt on, because than I have a chance to get this done today. Thank you for any help that is given.

Okay, the F22B6 and F22B2 use the same exact cylinder head casting. The B6 gets the F22A6 4B camshaft and the better valve springs while the B2 does not. Other than that, the heads are the same. Regarding the IM, both use the same exact IM gasket, makes sense, same casting.

To keep it simple, put the complete B2 head on and use the original B6 intake and exhaust manifolds. You'll have a slightly smaller camshaft but I would just leave the original P1E ecu in there.

Comment

Sounds logical and makes sense I just needed to hear it from somewhere else. Thank you very much I appreciate it.

Comment

^no problem! Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X