about to put the f22 to rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to put the f22 to rest

i got a 91 with a f22a4 and an auto trans and im pullin it out and goin h22 manual im uber scared that it will take me forever i guess im lookin for some encouraging words from my fellow cb7 swappers i need to know what all i will need to do the manual swap i know a donor car will be my best bet which is why i will be lookin for a donor car in the next few weeks just was lookin for somethin (wikked) to make me feel like this is actually doable

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

u can do it

Comment

good luck brother
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Man you will love the h22 with a 5speed behind it

Comment

lol... well i can encourage u that.. anything is possible.. first.. i recommend u work on the donor car.. see how that goes.. once u did what u had to weither it be removing tranny or entire engine/tranny combo.. ull get a feel for whats to come on ur car.. and be better prepared.. as for something (wikked).. u know me.. i cant actually sit here and encourage u to do a full swap.. its just not in my nature.. but none-the-less best of luck...

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thank you thank you and i still plan on doin the headswap because im gonna keep the donor car as an auto f22a wth an h23 head i know this sounds like a lot on my plate but i love workin on my cb7 and ive almost pretty much had my whole car apart aty one point or another ive done a full teardown including piston ringand main and rod bearings so hopefully ill be ok

The Chronicles.

Comment

After speaking with you and your father at the last meet, I feel that you two will be able to accomplish and overcome all obstacles in your way as far as the swap goes. You are lucky you have someone who is into the whole project as much as you are right by your side. After you 2 eye everything over and do your homework and figure out what order you plan on doing everything, i am sure everything will turn out perfect just like you want it.

Just remember: Plan your work and work your plan.

Good luck
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

thanks adam and man i just wanna be able to outrun the police too lol j/k i really appreciate it guys

The Chronicles.

Comment

its not that hard trust me but dont always get into that habit or else youll get caught.

Comment

hey j-spec let me know when and if you do this swap. I will drive up and give you a couple extra hands to help.
                    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by howard20653
                      Man you will love the h22 with a 5speed behind it
                      hell yes. IT's like night and day. I can EASILY pass people on the highway (here in TX that's 70MPH) in 5th gear and on the highway 4th gear (comes to about 4.9-5.2k on the tac) JUST OWNS!!! I love VTEC and 5spd, never going back That's why i'm looking for a replcaement CB7.

Dude you can do it, it took me 2 weeks working really hard. Hardest part was auto->manual pedels and shit...ah, and welding (takes a while to do correctly). Just make sure you have someone that knows stuff about cars to help you a little and you'll be fine.

Good luck
                      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

if i could swap my engine without being able to change my oil you can do it lol.
                        ]

Comment

you can do it hey if im still here when this happens i'll help out so i can see how it will be when i do it to my car
                          Beast: Evo X
                          Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

Yeah, its easy.. no problem. My swap was my first, and I did it all by myself.

And its nice w/the extra power. All the time to/from the nashville meet, i left it in 5th.. if i had to pass someone, it would take a second.. but it would pull pretty well. F22 would have been not as happy.

Comment

You can do it dude, i did my swap with no air tools, no engine lift, nothign conventional. If i would have stayed focused (and had all the parts to begin with,) i could have finished it much sooner. I finally got all the CEL's off yesterday, and experenced (mad)VTEC for the frist time, and let me tell you, it was worth all the struggle. The motor is twice what the F22 brick was, and its impressive even w/o VTEC in safe mode. Just stay focused, and remember, if you need any help, were here for ya dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X