question on injectors????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on injectors????

what up. have a question about injectors, I currently have a h22a4 in my 90 ex, and i did the obd2-1 swap (ecu, distributor, and injectors) but the injector I'm using are off a h23 (240cc) and the originaly on the motor or 280cc saturated. I feel that i'm running lean and was wondering if there was a bolt on clip the would connect to my obd1 harness and convert it to on obd2 tip to throw back on the obd2 injectors. hope it not to confusing and thanks for the help

Originally posted by El Pocho
    what up. have a question about injectors, I currently have a h22a4 in my 90 ex, and i did the obd2-1 swap (ecu, distributor, and injectors) but the injector I'm using are off a h23 (240cc) and the originaly on the motor or 280cc saturated. I feel that i'm running lean and was wondering if there was a bolt on clip the would connect to my obd1 harness and convert it to on obd2 tip to throw back on the obd2 injectors. hope it not to confusing and thanks for the help
    does the obd2 prelude have a resistor box like the cb7?? if it does, you might be able to wire up those injector clips into the obd1 harness

Comment

couldn't tell you, i don't even have a clue of what I'd be looking for, How do i find out

Comment

any other ideas

Comment

YEA SAME QUESTION HERE BUT I HAVE A 93 H23 AND I FEEL THAT IM RUNNING LEAN I HAVE THE PRELUDE INJECTORS IN THERE BUT I THINK THAT I NEED BIGGER ONES. WHAT ARE A UPGRADABLE SET? DSM 450CC? HERES MY OTHER QUESTION ARE THE 90-93ACCORD/92-96PRELDUE INJECTORS THE SAME OR DIFFERENT? PEAK/HOLD OR SATURATED? THANKS FOR THE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN ANSWER THESE

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
            YEA SAME QUESTION HERE BUT I HAVE A 93 H23 AND I FEEL THAT IM RUNNING LEAN I HAVE THE PRELUDE INJECTORS IN THERE BUT I THINK THAT I NEED BIGGER ONES. WHAT ARE A UPGRADABLE SET? DSM 450CC? HERES MY OTHER QUESTION ARE THE 90-93ACCORD/92-96PRELDUE INJECTORS THE SAME OR DIFFERENT? PEAK/HOLD OR SATURATED? THANKS FOR THE HELP IF ANYBODY CAN ANSWER THESE
            i'm pretty sure that if both motors are f22 (accord of prelude) the carry the same injectors with the exception of the vtec model which i think is a f23.

Comment

any ideas

Comment

from what i know, H22(OBD 1) fuel injectors are the peak/hold type and are rated at around 320-345cc(not sure about the exact "cc" ) and H22(OBD 2) are saturated injectors.
                Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 05-28-2005, 11:15 AM.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                  from what i know, H22(OBD 1) fuel injectors are the peak/hold type and are rated at around 320-345cc(not sure about the exact "cc" ) and H22(OBD 2) are saturated injectors.
                  that is true about peak and saturated, but i was trying to see if it was possible to keep the saturated injectors to avoid running lean and run stock with no worries. I was considering to purchase the h22 obd1 injectors but now i would be running rich anyone what is my best option

Comment

Originally posted by El Pocho
                    that is true about peak and saturated, but i was trying to see if it was possible to keep the saturated injectors to avoid running lean and run stock with no worries. I was considering to purchase the h22 obd1 injectors but now i would be running rich anyone what is my best option
                    i always thought when a swap is converted from OBD2---->OBD1, the dizzy, fuel rail, and injectors were alwasys used from the OBD1 vehicle. if so, then the OBD1 injectors shouldn't be a problem running your motor. if too lean or rich, you can always adust that via a fuel pressure regulator.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

If you did the OBD 2 to 1 swap the injectors are fine. If you're running lean which I DOUBT, you can just adjust the fuel like primo said. But if you put the OBD 2 injectors in, be prepaired to burn up your ECU as the injectors will cause this because of the difference in the impedence.
                      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Originally posted by green5thgen
                        If you did the OBD 2 to 1 swap the injectors are fine. If you're running lean which I DOUBT, you can just adjust the fuel like primo said. But if you put the OBD 2 injectors in, be prepaired to burn up your ECU as the injectors will cause this because of the difference in the impedence.
                        I'm glad you mentioned that about burning up the ecu, i didn't no that, and thanks to primo on the suggestion about the fuel, but even thou I'm running 240cc with a regulation it "will" compensation for what it needs? one more thing for green5thgen, how is it that i've read for example and odb2 model integras goes and swap out there ecu for and obd1 ecu with ecu conversion and runs there cars like that to aviod having to rest there ecu due to the default obd2 have? thanks again for the info

Comment

Use your accord fuel rail and resister box with some obd1 prelude injectors, dont use any lower CC then the oem for the h22, your car will run like shit guranteed!
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

OBD-1 Preludes use 345cc P&H low impedence injectors. The 4th gen Accord uses 240cc P&H low impedence injectors. The OBD-2 Prelude uses 280cc Saturate high impedence injectors. High impedence injectors do not require the use of a resistor box, low impedence injectors such as your OE injectors and the OBD-1 Lude injectors do.

If you are running OE Accord (240cc) injectors on your H22Ax then yes you are running lean. Esspecially since the fuel tables in the P13 are written for 345cc injectors and NOT 240's.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

ive ask this question before i got no answer so imma ask again ....at present the resister box in my car is for the f20a8 sohc motor which my car was originally 2.0i .now that ive swap to the h22a p13 enginge shouldnt i be using the h22a resister box instead of the f20a8 series box ??, also i havent got the lab box /wires hooked up on the h22 engine but my car stills drags like a flat spot( a low growl sound) on take off i have to increase the fuel for the car to pick up above 1500 rev approxx , also whenever i slow down or come to a full stop.... shift gear from drive to park my rev needle bounces like three time up and down then come back to normal what should i do to to fix the problem ive got no engine management light showin at all can any one help me

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Working...
                              X