Help with H22 swap, Serious issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with H22 swap, Serious issues.

i'm having a serious problem on my motor swap. I really need some serious help and No one seems to have a real solution to my problem.

I have swapped a H22 motor into my 93 accord EX auto. I went from manual to auto conversion and H22 swap all on one shot.

Here are my issure if you can help I would really be thankful.

EGR valve. The H22 EGR valve is not the same as the Accord and will not plug into the accord, anyone know what the deal is with the wires I'm going chop the plug and wire it in the H22 plug.

PS pump.
    What pump and what line?
    I see some peopl with H22 pump and some with Accord pump.
    Whats the deal.

Crank pulley, did anyone have an issues with the H22 crank pulley not having clearance to the frame.

If you swap on the accord pulley what did you do with the power steering?
    And PS pump bracket?

Also, What to do with the external to internal coil issue.
    My H22 motor has an internal coil, Do I need to some kind of wiring?

Which Throttle cable and can I keep the cruise control if I use a some kind of H22 throttle body or some how swap in the correct throttle wheel.

Please help me the car has been out for a month and no one seem to know of have any of my issues Everyone say is all drops righ in and no problems.
    Thanks
    Andy

hey andy , dont panic the answers you're looking for is right here this forum you just need to search ,i cant see why no one hasnt responeded to your call or is it just a wolf call lol ... anyway have a look here for the solutions hope this helps it did for me...

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0311scc_hybrid/

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

Do you still have your old motor? If so then take the EGR valve off of the old one and put it on the H, I left out my P/S because of the same probs your having, and i must say that its not all that hard to steer, and also it takes a little bit of strain off the engine not having it.

Ummm.... oh yeah, the internal coil thing, ok you should be using the accord engine harness from the old engine, R U? If you are then there is one plug that went to the old coil, it should have three wires, a yellow, a yellow/black, and a black. All you gotta do is cut the plug off and splice the two yellow ones together, the black one is not used, then just tape it up for cosmetic reasons.

I didn't have probs w/ the crank pulley, just double check that everything is aligned properly, because the H is a very tight fit in our cars. I put mine in from the bottom and it took about 30 mins to get it lined up and mounted. Dont give up it will fit, lol.

You should have disconnected your old throttle cable from the accord eng. just attach it to the H throttle body, and you may have to bend the bracket on the Intake Manifold so the throttle isnt half opened all the time, youll see what I mean when you get there.

Thats all I can think of right now, lemme know if this helps.

Comment

You can use the Prelude P/S pump with the H22 bracket and Prelude hi pressure line.

As for your cruise control, you will need to change out the cruise control computer and wire in the clutch switch. The cruise comp is different for auto and manual, so make sure you get one from a 92 or 93 5spd. Trust me, it works! I have an H22 in my 93 LX with P/S A/C and cruise.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

you will have to use the accord tranny motor mount the lude mount is to tall and will cock the motor causeing clearance issues with the pulley
          Out in the driveway building something

Comment

Not just that one, you have to use all of the accord mounts for it to just drop in.

Comment

Thanks for comming to the rescue.

LawdoG247 - Swap EGR valves / Splicing coil wires. Thanks

4GAccordH22 - "You can use the Prelude P/S pump with the H22 bracket and Prelude hi pressure line."

I have tried both the 93-96 Prelude SI VTEC PS line and the 97-00 prelude PS line and none of them look like they well work on the steering rack. I look at my old Accord one and it is completely different on the back end there is plugs into the rack. Any ideas? Bend the hard lines?

LawdoG247 / wagalude - As far as the monnts go, My motor looks like it is in and all bolted in.
              I have Accord auto drivers upper mount. attached to prelude bracket on the head.
              Accord rear 5 speed mount and bracket.
              Accord front 5 speed mount and bracket.
              Prelude 5 speed mount and bracket on tranny upper side. Did not have to drill out the accord auto bracket welded on the frame.
              Motor looks like it is seated but I don't know There is not a streatched mount or anything but the motor sits too far to the drivers side. If it was an issude wouldn't my front and rear mounts be streatched?

My motor looks leveled and not anything funny.
              Could it really be the wrong comibation of mounts?
              But the front and rear mounts are not stretched out of place?

Damn...

Thanks in advance for any more info you all car provide.
              I read the SCC instructions but it is not very clear.

Comment

glad i could help, as far as the mounts i think you said your going from auto to manual, i didnt do that, mine was already a stick so i cant help you any further, but there are many others on this site who have had the same probs i'm sure.

Comment

well i went from auto to manual had a JDM f22B now rocking a JDM f20A DOHC but same thing , i had to get a custom Tranny mount made inorder to level out the motor , some ppl here get another mount welded but you can always use a BB1 tranny mount (so i heard) and that works too as for the PS i just got the line welded on with my old one

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

I used the Prelude P/S pump and the Hi pressure line from a 93 Prelude VTEC. We had to bend the line a little bit at the rack, but other than that, it went in quite well.
                    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

For the power steering line, you have to use the first part of the h22 line, then braze it to the lower half of the accord one.

Comment

for the P/S I just used the old F22 P/S pump/pulley and used the P/S bracket off the F22. My only problem with it is that it rubs the hood a little when it's closed, not really a big deal though.

If you have any other questions, let us know. Good luck.
                        2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                        JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                        My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Guys,
                          Thanks for all the info.

I think I know where all the problems are.
                          When I bolted the motor in, I did not drill out the Auto mount that is welded to the frame for for the upper tranny mount.

I got the 5 speed mount from Honda. I'm going to drill out the old one and put this in. I think this is causing the problems with lack of clearance on the Crank pulley and the front mount not fitting.

I'll let you all know what happens next.

Also please do not buy the Ultimate Swap Guide. That was a big waste of money all generic info. 20+ installed by butt.. I could of wrote that before I try installing this swap. No good. Save your money. Does not address anything specific.

Comment

Working...
                          X