clutch pedal is sitting on the floor! swap at a hault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch pedal is sitting on the floor! swap at a hault

went to go start my car after i swaped in my h22a and when i hit the clutch the pedal just went to the floor and stayed their the only way it will come back up is if i pulled it. clutch has like no pressure in it. i tried bleeding the clutch but nothing happend

Do you have to pull it up hard? Or is it really easy to move? It might be you have the pedal attached too tight. Also, when it goes down, can you put it in gear without stalling?
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

bleed bleed bleed, or you may have a leak somewhere, check all your fluid points (front of tranny, back near the cables...) if there is no leak, check the fluid level, then have a buddy help you bleed the system. your slave cylinder could be bad, which is also know as the clutch release cylinder, its on the front of the tranny by the front motor mount. check all this and if it doesnt work, then i cant help you.

Comment

clutch

well when i push the clutch it goes right to the floor and yeah it is real easy to bring back up. i tried bleeding it but that did not work i dont think anything was leaking. i wont put the car in gear while its runing cause i have no clutch. its like nothing there i tap it little bit and it slams to the floor there is like no pressure at all in it.

Comment

mine did the same thing after I did my swap (f22b dohc) and put in a brand new clutch. I tried to start it and my clutch went to the floor. But in my case after a while it went back to normal.
          JDM F22B DOHC

Comment

Just like LawdoG247 said check all the connections for the clutch line. Then BLEAD that clutch line over and over again. Be sure you have a bunch of brake fluid for this
            ~~~~~~~

Comment

im saying bleed the system as well...mine did that when my slave cylinder was leaking...im not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but do you know how to bleed your clutch? open the nipple on the slave cylinder press the clutch in, tighten the nipple and let the clutch pedal out...repeat this process until the clutch pedal gets stiff

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

clutch

alright thanks for the info guys im going to try some of this stuff and see what happens.

Comment

Mine did exactly the same thing. Tried bleeding it, but couldn't get and pressure at the slave cyl. Turned out to be a bad clutch master cylinder. Works great now!
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

The problem is that there is an air bubble inside your master cyl. the only way you are going to get it out is by doing a RFI flush. That stands for Reverse flow injections. this is done using a special pump that forces fluid in to the bleeder at the slave and forces the fluid up throught the master cyl. this needs to be done in conjuntion with slowly working the clutch pedal and it can be bled in around 3-4 minutes. personally i thing that RFI is the best and only way to get the best bleed from clutches and brakes and it does it in so little time.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I disagree! I just helped rid of air and topped up a friends master cylinder today! All U gotta do is open the resevoir and pump the pedal with your hand in and pull all the way out(while the resevoir is full), you should see bubbles and that is it, That is a true DIY way! Peace!

WaC!

Comment

Working...
                      X